www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: BLACK MEN IN CR
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 12:00 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

I got a PM from a cat (he was reffered) about how black men are treated in San Jose :?: The answer like they are green men like everybody else 8)

No matter what the race is, if you go down there, be respectful and stay above the sober line you will be cool.

I have never had one problem with the folks there.

ENJOY 8)

NYG

Post subject: Re: BLACK MEN IN CR
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 12:06 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

I've met a lot of girls in the DR that will not go with black man. I mean, its not overwhelming number, but I've talked with quite a few. Their impression is that a lot of black men are rough and want to bang in the culo.
But for the most part, it seems no matter what color you are, green stands out more than anything else.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 12:14 pm 

Whether you are black or white (or whatever else), I would use the same approach. Talk to them, and if you feel some hesitation or apprehension --> NEXT. If a girl has to think about it or get her amiga's opinion, then she doesn't really want to be with you, so don't waste time on her. I talked to a girl once (she was sitting with her amiga-rookie mistake) and I asked if she wanted to come back with me, she looked at her friend (almost as if asking for approval). I just got up and walked away. I don't have time for that shit.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 12:19 pm 

I've seen white guys get turned down before too. My observation it happen so little that it's not really an issue. It's all about the green baby!!!

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 12:20 pm 

CLN20 wrote:
I've met a lot of girls in the DR that will not go with black man. I mean, its not overwhelming number, but I've talked with quite a few. Their impression is that a lot of black men are rough and want to bang in the culo.
But for the most part, it seems no matter what color you are, green stands out more than anything else.

I have heard this before but have never experienced this at all.

NYG

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 12:54 pm 

NYG wrote:
CLN20 wrote:

NYG
I'm confused. You've heard what? :?

That lot of girls in the DR that will not go with black man, but you, as a black man have never experienced it?

... OR

That a lot of black men are rough and want to bang in the culo, but you as a guy who has been with a lot of black men have never experienced it?

Inquiring minds want to know.
-----------------

From what little I've seen chicas in the DR are willing to go with anyone who has enough "green" INCLUDING black men. OTOH, its not like there are really all that many black mongers running around the DR to base any conclusions on. Nor can I say how MUCH green it takes for them to go with the black guys. For all I know, they may go with black guys but stick to a higher price when negotiating ... or not. Naturally, not being privy to the details of the transaction or knowing how much different the result would be if those guys only had a different complexion, none of us can really do more than just guess.

Still, IMHE, in talking to various girls, I've heard that sentiment about black man expressed a LOT more among gringa providers than with chicas (though the gringas don't normally use the word culo). Also, as others have already said whether your black or white, fat or thin, in the US or in CR, if you think a gal is blowing you off for one reason or other or sticking it to you on price, then there are plenty of other fish in the sea and you should just move on to the next gal who will be more open-minded or into your type of guy.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 1:06 pm 

In my humble opinion, gringos are more fixated about race than the chicas. The chicas worry more about nationality and wallet contents.

All things being equal, if a DR shark sees me and two caucasian mongers sitting at the BM, she will almost 100% of the time approach the caucasian mongers before approaching little ol' moi.

I've never really bothered to find out why but I have a feeling it may have to do with me looking like a local, so they calculate the odds of me being a potential client and they go with what they feel is the surer thing.

mh

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 3:50 pm 

Prolijo wrote:
NYG wrote:
CLN20 wrote:

NYG
I'm confused. You've heard what? :?

That lot of girls in the DR that will not go with black man, but you, as a black man have never experienced it?

... OR

That a lot of black men are rough and want to bang in the culo, but you as a guy who has been with a lot of black men have never experienced it?

Inquiring minds want to know.
-----------------

From what little I've seen chicas in the DR are willing to go with anyone who has enough "green" INCLUDING black men. OTOH, its not like there are really all that many black mongers running around the DR to base any conclusions on. Nor can I say how MUCH green it takes for them to go with the black guys. For all I know, they may go with black guys but stick to a higher price when negotiating ... or not. Naturally, not being privy to the details of the transaction or knowing how much different the result would be if those guys only had a different complexion, none of us can really do more than just guess.

Still, IMHE, in talking to various girls, I've heard that sentiment about black man expressed a LOT more among gringa providers than with chicas (though the gringas don't normally use the word culo). Also, as others have already said whether your black or white, fat or thin, in the US or in CR, if you think a gal is blowing you off for one reason or other or sticking it to you on price, then there are plenty of other fish in the sea and you should just move on to the next gal who will be more open-minded or into your type of guy.

Are you out of your mind :roll:

I have heard that women in CR will not go with Black man. I have never experienced that. As for the homosexual reference. I will let go :evil:

NYG

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 4:06 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

have seen some situations, heard some stories, but it has never been me. that is a world wide thing with anybody. some of the situations are funny. some are not. not going to effect your whole stay in cr. always another willing to do what one wont. enjoy your time. it will be all the greater when you get what you really want. most times the chica aint worth it anyway. keep the party moving. next! :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 6:00 pm 
:shock: :shock: i was born a poor black Ch*ld, and i've turned out allright, i don't need much, just this paddle ball game, and maybe this bouncy ball :shock: :shock:

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 6:09 pm 

Just don't get offended when people call you "negro"!

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 8:15 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Dont wory about anything! Prejudice people exist everywhere you go, the Gulch being no different.

Its been my experience that for every Chica that doesnt feel Brothers, you gonna find one that does and wont hesitate to let you know. More so if you speak a little Spanish.
Just be respectful and have some game and youll have the time of your life.

Let us know how your trip turns out.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 8:20 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

My wing man and I had no problems in DR, SL or anywhere else. I'm former military guy who have hooked up with women all around the world. In most cases, it's not about race, it's about attraction. However, I can understand how the media may have given some people a bad impression about a race of people, they know nothing about.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 10:18 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Sorry, misread the tittle, thought it said Men in Black in CR.... :D

On my very limited experience, all bad comments made against black men have really aimed at the jamaican population,which seems to be bigger that I've imagined. Once they see you're american they only see green. :shock:

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 12:19 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

NYG wrote:
I got a PM from a cat (he was reffered) about how black men are treated in San Jose :?: The answer like they are green men like everybody else 8)

No matter what the race is, if you go down there, be respectful and stay above the sober line you will be cool.

I have never had one problem with the folks there.

ENJOY 8)

NYG

Ahem...I was the one to ask such question and the only reason i ask such question is because when i travel to Dom Rep the chicas love me way more than messing with a white fella FIRST LET ME CONCLUDE I'M NOT RACIST but i speak spanish and most girls would tell me in Dom rep such thing...the only reason i ask was because Costa Rica is known 2 a white mongering destinations which is why i ask the question...i treat all women properly regardless of profession unless u cross the line and tryna violate then i put u in ya place... Like i remember going 2 Colombia i had a chick and i was the 2nd black guy she messed with..shawty couldn't take mr. woody..but i'm not gonna sit here bragging...the only reason i even brought up such topic was to get a hint...AT END OF DAY IT'S ALL BOUT DEM BENJAMINS....