www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 3:46 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Let me provide some insights regarding this phenomenon from personal experience.

The first is as posted above regarding the pipes and water pressure. On the Colombian island of San Andreas, even at the 4 Decameron Hotel properties, you are instructed to NOT flush paper for this very reason.

The other is the fact that most women use scads of paper to clean themselves of any "residue" even if just taking a leak. I've even seen them load up a public toilet seat to a layer of about 2 inches thick to prevent sitting on a bare seat.

Women are notorious for stradling a toilet bowl or propping a shoe on one side to piss. Have you even been in a women's restroom in a bar? There is usually piss all over the floor. That's why the bar removes the seats.

It's good to be a man.

Last edited by Witling on Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 6:22 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Problem here with toilet paper has to do with septic tanks. drainage and toilet paper quality,

Old houses or buildings did not keep in mind that possibility of flushing toilet paper.

Pipes has nothing to do if below 3 inch, most of the places here all they have is the septic tank and obviosly without a drainage blockages will be frecuent specially on rainy season.

Even at my place when had only a septic thank and used to have that kind of problems, once I build a drainage problem solved for ever.

But as well as Denver said it is a habit hard to break no matter how many times you tell your friends....

Mente

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 9:28 am 

I never expected my shitty (lol) thread to last this long.You guys must really be anal.lol Thanks for all the input but I REALLY didn't need to know that much about it. Actually its another reason to rent here in CR instead of buying. If my plumbing gets messed up (play on words) It's not my problem.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 2:17 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Vegas Bob, I'm nominating you for post of the month for this thread.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 7:01 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Location: Somewhere near the "Frozen Tundra of LAMBERT FIELD (John Fing Kerry)"
Man o Man...Talk about talkin outa yur ass.

My life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming...." MAN....WHAT A RIDE!!!!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:13 pm 

OK Guy's,
The major reason for the "no Toilet paper rule" is that TP is a solid waste and adds to the septic tank.
Resulting in more frequent times of having to be pumped = more $ ....
Stoppages from TP are localized in the toilet, never in the main line 3" and above.
This I tell you w/ expert knowledge as I have been a plumber for 32 years. Nucknfuts :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 11:23 pm 

Can't believe I'm dumping into this shitty thread but-
doesn't the toilet paper begin to break down immediately in the water? How long does is last in the tank before totally decomposing?

I know when I toilet paper my neighbors trees it looks great until we get a good rain then it falls apart and deteriorates rather quickly...

And if this is only an issue with septic tanks then why isn't it ok to put TP in the toilets in the city sewer system?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 12:15 am 
I can do CR without a wingman!

City systems often have these nifty devices called 'grinder pumps'.

Fun image :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:10 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

I hate to dump on you like this PacoLoco, butt –

The paper doesn’t break down or decompose in a septic tank it is wood fiber, it floats in the top of tank in a perfect anaerobic underworld. If it didn’t it would flow out and trash the drain field which is why septic tanks are constructed like they are, and need to be pumped every few years or much more often in the case of a large family which is Latinos. If you didn’t put anything in besides the business they almost never need pumped.

In modern cities there are complex processes to deal with the effluents. In third world countries the process is virtually non-existent – read - what you flush goes Straight into the river which is why some beaches don’t make really good swimming (surfers call it the turd factor, truly). Do you think that hotels in these cities or towns are going to try to educate Americans about this? Not - all they care is it leaves the hotel and care less what happen downstream. Out in the environment the paper Does break down (especially after going through the grinder pumps - thanks Furryman), leaving the dregs and e-coli’s of humanity in the water. The paper’s not really the harmful part of it in this case. BTW I don’t think I would phish in that river that goes out by Pueblo.

Just something to think about when you go on the next river raft trip or dive into the ocean by Jaco…

There you have it Septic Tank 101. I’m not a plumber but a rural builder for twenty some years and I actually did take a class named exactly that.
I don’t believe I just wrote this let alone post it. At least I did it in 300 words or less.

SH*T Vegas Bob you created a Frankenstein here…

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 10:01 am 

Novice,
you sure know a lot of shit.
Let me bring another disgusting thing into this sewer of a topic- So how many of you guys throw your condoms in the toilet? There must be hundreds/thousands of them flushed daily at the Pres & Delrey. That's enough rubber for that tire plant on the main highway to be recycling for new tires.
I could see how that could cause problems, guess they never decompose, huh Novice? Or didn't they cover that in Septic 101? :P

I think I'm gonna cancel that rafting trip :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 11:02 am 

YO Paco:
That's why old Circus washes his condom and blow dries it for re-use. I'm just an ecological emviromental contributor...........and a bit cheap.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 11:04 am 

OK guys a little mathmatics necessary here please. I had a chica at my house yesterday from 11 in the morning until 7 in the evening.When she arrived my waste basket in the bathroom was empty. When she left at 7pm it was 3/4 full. That calculates out that at the end of 12 hours,the basket would be full. What if I had her stay longer than that? Do I remember to empty it after 12 hours, or do I let the shit run over onto the floor.Another option would be to ask her to leave after 12 hours. Oh the stressful problems that accompany living in Paradise. On the condom issue,she as all chicas do,wrapped the condom in toilet paper and deposited it guess where. (in the basket of course stupid)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 11:22 am 

YO V-Bob:
She probably had a sinus problem and blew her nose as much as she blew you.

I've got an idea: Seriously, would you entertain doing an experiment? When you invite another chica over for the day, remove all toilet paper, towels and cleanex from the baths. Then neatly lay just 3 tissues on the vanity along with one wash rag. Let us know the results.....would be interesting. Also, do not leave a throw rug in the bath. This may give us insight as to this ever concerning mystery.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 12:35 pm 

Circus wrote:
YO V-Bob:
She probably had a sinus problem and blew her nose as much as she blew you.

I've got an idea: Seriously, would you entertain doing an experiment? When you invite another chica over for the day, remove all toilet paper, towels and cleanex from the baths. Then neatly lay just 3 tissues on the vanity along with one wash rag. Let us know the results.....would be interesting. Also, do not leave a throw rug in the bath. This may give us insight as to this ever concerning mystery.

Also, don't forget to remove your underwear or other clothing as well... :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 10:26 pm 

I simply can't believe this thread is still alive. (but I have to admit I have read every post) :oops: