www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: What's In a Name
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 8:18 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Recently visited with a friend that I mongered with in Japan over 45 years ago. We got off on a tangent as to how Costa Rican chicas in the "business" refer to themselves.

Got curious when I thought about it.

Surely the ladies of the evening in Costa Rica wouldn't call themselves putas or whores !

We like to refer to them as "social workers, service workers, business girls, working girls, P4P etc." But how do these fine ladies refer to themselves when talking to each other, their closest friends, and gringos ?

Possibly they just say they work at the DR, the ZB, the Oasis etc, names of which I'm sure they are all familiar.

Your input will be appreciated, and especially from Circus, Prolijo, AstroGlide, Witling, Costa K*D, Dino, Don Gordo and some of the more erudite members.

Inquiring minds want to know,

Ye Old Man

Last edited by Ye Old Man on Wed Nov 17, 2004 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 8:30 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Physical Therapists, entertainers, working girls. In US many providers have business cards that say Physical Therapists and they use this tagline to buy cars and establish credit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:16 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

A lady in the US that I am friendly with calls herself a "Pleasure Broker" since not only entertains gentlemen,but runs an Agency as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:36 am 

Location: I don't know where I'm going, but I sure know where I've been.
I recently went to Panama with my favorita and of course immigration forms are required to enter Panama. I took a peek at her immigration form where it asks "occupation." She put down "domestic." Domestic alright..LOL

dapanz1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 12:19 pm 

Last April I was talking to two that I had become friends with the previous November.

When I first met the younger of the two she had shoulder-length brown hair with high-lights. She wore jeans and cute, tica-style tops and flat shoes.

When I returned she had cut her hair, colored the top red, wore long earrings and gaudy necklaces, tight dresses and fuck-me pumps.

She had changed her look from a cute "girl next door" to, as her friend said, "A real prostitute now".

Needless to say I was not impressed and told her so.
In September she was in the process of getting some of the previous look back but I'm afraid she had already gone to the "other side".

Post subject: Mexico
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 1:00 pm 

In a strip joint in Cozumel (Platinos), I was one of the only customers, so I had 3 ladies all over me. One of the ladies looked up, laughed and said, "Tres putas." That term is NOT appreciated in CR though, from what I've seen although the expression, "hijo de puta," does seem to be widely used, even by, "respectable," people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 7:16 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

the only time I heard a DR chica tell someone where she worked, she said she was recepcionista...maybe she wasn't lying, I didn't press the issue, because it didn't matter to me.

as an aside, I got peruano friends that use "puta" as filler, like saying "man" or "dude" kinda like how ticos use "mae." sounds kinda funny, them calling each other "whore." but when I asked about it, my friend said it's not like calling each other whore. dialects are funny that way.

"puta madre" is a good "holy shit" equivilent....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2004 10:21 pm 

My new novia Super K absolutely HATES to be called a "Puta." Two of my harem got mad at her and called her a puta and a prostituta, and she disowned them. She now disdainfully refers to the chicas I know in Costa Rica as putas....and when she says it, she spits out the words. "PUTA!"

I think when two working girls refer to one another as a puta it is similar to a black guy calling another black guy the N word. They turn the word around and use it as a compliment. "Hey, puta you look hot tonight!"

During my six month run with Cristal, and her gang of Dominicanas, I never heard them use a word to describe what they do, other than "trabajo." When I would ask her what she was doing that night she would always say "trabajo in Del Rey." Anytime she described what she did there, it was always "trabajo." I do remember them not liking it when somebody refered to them as a prostituta....but it was probably used as a pejorative.

Super K said to me last night "you don't want me to walk the streets and be a puta do you?" I was like...well no.....not with anybody ElSE!