www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Mon May 06, 2024 5:45 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 12:29 am 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Both in MP's or BM/KL girls..... What is your average tip? Last tip I gave out was $20 for a great time at an MP...NF+Wanda=well worth it! I think its performance based program though there should be something right. If its horrible no, but a decent time what do you give? Thanks in advance...
M

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:14 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Quote:
"Whats appropriate for a tip?"

A kiss.

Dildo Man

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:51 am 

I find that for me at the MPs a propina of 5000 colones is greatly appreciated. If I am with a chica that I have seen before,I seem to get good service.I thinki t is because she knows that if I have fun,she gets 5000. With a chica I haven't seen before,I always ask jokingly "at the beginning" if it is OK to give her a propina if I have a really good time. Treat the girls well and they will treat you well.After all 5000 colones is around $11 which is nothing to us,but meaningful to them. The BM is a different type of experience but my methods are still similar.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:55 am 

For me, 5000 colones would be my absolute max. In percentage terms, that's like 25% of the total bill. If I'm in a restaurant, I'll sometimes tip a waiter that much, but not very often and I don't recall ever tipping 50%, which is what $20 is on a $40 MP fee. Guys need to stop applying american standards to people who live and work in Costa Rica. Need I remind anyone that Ticos NEVER tip for this type of service and the girls would not be working in the MP's if the base pay were not already high enough by Tico standards. I know some guys like to leave these humongous tips, but I think they are either ignorant, nuts or are feeding some other need. Believe me if you want to let a girl know you appreciated what she did, 2K-3K colones will more than do the trick. Any more she will definitely take and she will be ecstatic but it is really overkill.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 12:05 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Location: Somewhere near the "Frozen Tundra of LAMBERT FIELD (John Fing Kerry)"
Recuardo...what you give a Chica today is her starting point for tomorrow. We are killing ourselves by overpaying. Instead..pick up some little $1 gifts when stateside. The girls go nuts over them. Even seem to appreciate them more than money. Last trip, I brought along some small lotions from Bed bath and beyond, some little gummy rubber rings with blinking led lights inside and tootsie roll pops. The money goes for bills and rent..the gifts are for them. When I am with a girl, I always ask quanto Babi*s? When they tell me how many, I give a tootsie pop for each K*D and 1 for mamma. It's cheap and brings delightment to them.

My life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming...." MAN....WHAT A RIDE!!!!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 12:07 pm 

VB mentioned tipping bar girls as being different but similar. Again I think using percentages as your basis keeps the tip amount in the proper perspective for the loca market. However, I have some caveats. MP girls get a fraction of your MP fee (usually half or less) and that fee is non-negotiable, which in my mind makes the MP girl somewhat more deserving of a "price adjustment". Bar girls are independent contractors, meaning they are professionals with whom you have worked out diretly a mutually agreeable price ahead of time. I don't tip my doctor or lawyer or mechanic for providing the high quality service that I expect from them to begin with. For the bar girls, I'll still use the percentage rule but on a sliding scale that goes down very rapidly as their rate goes up. It doesn't make any sense to me to tip anything to a cien girl for exceptional service. By agreeing to pay her so much more than the average rate you are already contracting for better than average service. The ironic thing is that the BM girls that agree to a much more reasonable fee to begin with can often make up a good part of difference from the cien girls by delivering exceptional service and by being rewarded appropriately.

Last edited by Prolijo on Mon Oct 11, 2004 12:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: TICA TIPS
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 12:13 pm 

My opinion is to come back for more every time you get a chance. That is the best way to let them know you like their action. If you don't plan on another session with them, don't tip them. Maybe they will do a better job on the next guy. SEAHAWK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 12:15 pm 
Site Admin

I'm sure we have more opinions on this subject but this is a very in debth thread regarding Tipping.

https://costaricaticas.com/phpbb2/vi ... 07&start=0

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:35 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

I have been dating Wanda now for the past few months. (She has given me permission to let you all know, so HANDS OFF! :x )
Anyway, we discussed tipping the MP girls a couple weeks ago. Of course, tipping depends on service. If a girl complains about a small or no tip, the first thing Wanda says is "Why? Maybe you did not give good service." She did say that for good service, a 5000 - 10,000 colone tip would be nice, with the 10,000 being very good. The girls only get about half of the fee, and they very much depend and count on tips- if they are deserved. The MP girls are different than the BM girls. I'm sure that they all like the little $1 gifts they get, but they know they are $1 gifts. If you gave them a choice between some trinkets and some cash, I think they would prefer the cash. I understand the feeling that if someone pays too much money, they will spoil the ladies for everyone else, but throwing around nickels like they are manhole covers, and bragging about how little you paid is pretty lame in my book. Just because Ticos don't tip is not an excuse. There are reasons the girls are working in "non-Tico" places. They are nicer establishments, and attract a higher caliber (paying) customer. If you don't want to tip, go to a Tico joint. Sorry if this sounds harsh.

Don't forget.... hands off my novia!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 8:08 pm 

Location: Somewhere near the "Frozen Tundra of LAMBERT FIELD (John Fing Kerry)"
and she told ME to keep quiet about it......JUST KIDDING..You have good taste. :lol:

My life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming...." MAN....WHAT A RIDE!!!!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:38 pm 

it's hard to shake off our tipping habit,but i give $5 or 3000 (ZONA BLUE, extra flavored condom's to girl's,maybe loose change in a bar,hotel staff 500 colone's ,maid 1000 colones for extra towel's......it is the little thing's you do,that give the most reward.........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:28 pm 

Sorry, Doc, I don't buy it.

First of all, ZB is already one of the most expensive MP's in town and as near as I can tell the service is not all that much better than NF, Idem, Oasis or any number of other places which also have its adherents. To the extent the service is better that is why customers are willing to pay the higher house fee.

Secondly, I don't think either of us can really say to what degree different factors motivate a chica, but I suspect that the reason the girls work at places like ZB and not the tico joints has only partly to do with any tips they get. Tico brothels charge a half or less of what Gringo places charge and therefore the girl's base pay is half again that smaller fee. Also don't underestimate the importance of the fact that Gringos are probably more desirable customers. We make an effort to clean up before we go. We don't just drop our pants and bang the shit out of them. And for the most part we treat them much nicer than the average Tico.

Thirdly, what do you expect her to say about tips? Don't tip my girls? Whatever additional compensation we give is compensation she does not have to give herself. Of course she is going to say it is okay to tip 50%. If she really feels her girls need the added incentive to provide good service, why doesn't she just pay them more. After all, she could always just pass the cost along to us in her house fees. The fact is if she did she would probably quickly lose EVEN MORE of her business to the other more reasonable priced MP's.

Fourth, using Tico standards is not an unreasonable "excuse". There is nothing that even needs to be "excused', as we are just applying widely practiced local standards. A better question would be what is the excuse for foreigners to come in and imposing their standards on every one else. Besides, if we're talking about Gringo standards, 15-20% is the standard I've seen for most services in the US. This is why I think in terms of percentages, it automatically adjusts for regional cost differences. If you really get down to it, even my percentage method breaks down where different local percentages already exist. However ,what you and others are talking about not only goes beyond Tico standards, it goes beyond our own standards. Do you really tip 50% in the US?

Seahawk and I were simply stated our views (and perhaps our inability to understand the actions taken by others and why we didn't). We didn't brag about our own practices and we didn't denigrate others that didn't share our views. Which brings me to my next point. No one was talking about "throwing around nickels like they are manhole covers" or lamely "bragging about how little [they] paid" and I find your comments to be insulting and inappropriate for this forum. Last I checked, no one was claiming a 2-3K tip or even a few $1 trinkets were "manhole covers" but they are more than a "nickel" particularly where tips of any kind are not normally paid. It would just as fair to argue that others are throwing around manhole covers like they were nickels, after all, while 5K colones or $20 may not be that much to us, tipping that much on a $40 tab would be considered extravagant even by American standards.

The admin was right. this topic has been argued ad nauseum and if it brings out comments like yours is not needed on this board.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:46 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

DildoMan wrote:
Quote:
"Whats appropriate for a tip?"

I have a couple of Extra Blinking “Nemo’s” compliments of Mighty1 :twisted: that would make for Nice Propina for that Special One!! :wink:

Total Cost less than $2 US... :roll:

JB

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 10:57 pm 

I think tiping is a personal thing and everyone may have different views but I tend to tip a higher percentage in local places such as Oasis or an even more local place where the girl may only get half the 6000col. fee.I will tip 2000 for good service to or a bit more depending on sevice to a bit more for exceptionalservice.I will tip about the same amount in the upper end places as the lower end which may be 10 to 15 % in the upper end places and somewhat higher in the lower end as those girls are geting much less for a session.The girls in the local places seem much more appeciative than the upper end and sometimes provide just as good of service.If service is mediocre to poor I tip less or not at all if poor.rbc100

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:09 pm 

I hope this thread will continue civil.So far we have been able to disagree without being disagreeable. I have already given some of my thoughts about tipping when it comes to MPs and I won't restate what I already said. However there is one point with which I must take issue. I do not consider the tipping amount (or percentage) to be the same for a girl who brings me a hamburger,the same as for a girl who massages,sucks,and phucks me for an hour plus. Sorry but I do draw the line here and found it necessary to come back into the thread.