www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 6:30 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Jadcujo wrote:
If it's possible for you to go a day/night in CR without getting laid, this will save money as well.
Phuck that! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 4:03 pm 

PacoLoco wrote:
Jadcujo wrote:
If it's possible for you to go a day/night in CR without getting laid, this will save money as well.
Phuck that! :D

I didn't mean the trannies at the park PL so it's all good 8) :P 8)

Cujo

"Pain is the fuel that fans the flames of my pyre. A battle plan is only as good as the general carrying it out on the field. This is my war son, and I have the biggest bombs and the smallest conscience"...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 4:05 am 

The day that I start counting pennies like this is time to realize that this sport is not for me. Just like driving a Formula car, if I cannot afford it, I’ll stay out. I do not think I can enjoy the trip if I have to watch every penny I spend. OTOH, there are cheaper destinations in Mexico, if you don’t mind dodging the bullets.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 6:46 am 

I wish I could continue to do my trips at topshelf level but as my number of trips per year increase and my income decrease(no ot)it has become necessery to budget my trips. the choice between going to CR on a budget or not going to CR aint no choice at at all 8) :lol:

//\\\\\\\\\\\\\\/////

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 7:32 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

J0sie wrote:
The day that I start counting pennies like this is time to realize that this sport is not for me. Just like driving a Formula car, if I cannot afford it, I’ll stay out. I do not think I can enjoy the trip if I have to watch every penny I spend. OTOH, there are cheaper destinations in Mexico, if you don’t mind dodging the bullets.

Personally I don't see it as a all or nothing proposition. It's not really a matter of watching every penny that Mr. Black writes about, I see it as getting the best bang for the buck. 8) :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 12:05 pm 

SlimJohnson wrote:
J0sie wrote:

Personally I don't see it as a all or nothing proposition. It's not really a matter of watching every penny that Mr. Black writes about, I see it as getting the best bang for the buck. 8) :wink:

Hear you what you saying but there are some budgetary options that will make a trip under a $1000 unbearable and joyless for me. Like I said before there are other destinations that will be within that budget without compromising security and comfort.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 12:51 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Great post, well done! Now if I can only find $1,000 lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 3:22 pm 

J0sie,

I don't agree that if one needs to count pennies, one needs to give up the idea of travel to C.R.

I live on a fairly low budget. I do shop sales/liquidations for good deals. If I was going to buy a car, I would certainly shop for the best price. I do not believe that any of Senor Negro's options would make my trip "joyless" at all; in fact, I rather enjoy finding good deals when I shop and when I travel.

You yourself have criticized guys for wasting money ("Tale of Woe 2"), and now you're criticizing guys for wanting to save money? :? :roll: I don't understand.

I will be in C.R. for 16 nights starting August 24th. I have altered my hotel reservations a little to save $160.00 total, by dividing my trip between Hotel la Amistad (lower price, quality rooms, better breakfast but less convenient) and the SL (bar/restaurant/chicas on-site, more convenient). I don't drink to excess while in C.R., so that's not a real issue. I am doing everything I can to make the 16 nights more affordable. I think a lot of guys want or need to do the same, which is why Senor Negro's post is so great! :D

I've saved $$$ by using F.F. miles. I'll save $$ by screwing less and enjoying it more. I can eat at cheap sodas and chicken shacks, don't mind "low-rent" girls and venues...and I'm sure I can still have a wonderful vacation!

I think you're off-target on this one, my friend.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 3:30 pm 

El Ciego wrote:
J0sie,

I don't agree that if one needs to count pennies, one needs to give up the idea of travel to C.R.

I live on a fairly low budget. I do shop sales/liquidations for good deals. If I was going to buy a car, I would certainly shop for the best price. I do not believe that any of Senor Negro's options would make my trip "joyless" at all; in fact, I rather enjoy finding good deals when I shop and when I travel.

You yourself have criticized guys for wasting money ("Tale of Woe 2"), and now you're criticizing guys for wanting to save money? :? :roll: I don't understand.

I will be in C.R. for 16 nights starting August 24th. I have altered my hotel reservations a little to save $160.00 total, by dividing my trip between Hotel la Amistad (lower price, quality rooms, better breakfast but less convenient) and the SL (bar/restaurant/chicas on-site, more convenient). I don't drink to excess while in C.R., so that's not a real issue. I am doing everything I can to make the 16 nights more affordable. I think a lot of guys want or need to do the same, which is why Senor Negro's post is so great! :D

I've saved $$$ by using F.F. miles. I'll save $$ by screwing less and enjoying it more. I can eat at cheap sodas and chicken shacks, don't mind "low-rent" girls and venues...and I'm sure I can still have a wonderful vacation!

I think you're off-target on this one, my friend.

How is a stud "chic magnet" like you going to be able to "screw less"? With the hot, sweet, young things you keep in your entourage I doubt that will happen. :D You better count on cutting back in different areas mi amigo. I have seen you in action.

Health & happiness...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 9:46 pm 

El Ciego wrote:
I'll save $$ by screwing less and enjoying it more. I can eat at cheap sodas and chicken shacks, don't mind "low-rent" girls and venues!

Thank you for making my point. I won’t reply since none is needed. Thank you again. :P :P :P :P 8) 8) 8) 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 10:10 pm 

Mr B- I was totally impressed with your dupla 2 weeks ago. J was always a cien by herself.

"Predators gather where prey abounds"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 6:12 am 
I can do CR without a wingman!

SlimJohnson wrote:
J0sie wrote:

Yea... Literally! :) I'm with you on that one, and I like to get the most I can for my money too... However, first thing is, I'm all about the nonstop flights. When I find a good deal on one I go for it. Then I have to start planning to save up the money to spend there for how many days I'm going to be. I know it'll cost me hopefully under 2 Gs for 8 days in July/Aug., but you know what ? It's fun, and I deserve it. That's the second thing. I'm not spending my mortgage payment on a vacation., and I don't think I'll be too worried about the extra couple hundred I could've saved when I'm sitting in the old folks home.

Still a good post, and useful information for some. maybe keep my hands off the mini bar., that was my thing last time that could've saved a little coin that I didn't need to spend.

Now in High Definition!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 1:13 pm 

Scubabum wrote:
Mr B- I was totally impressed with your dupla 2 weeks ago. J was always a cien by herself.

thanks, wasnt planning on a twofer but when the one went to say adios to her even hotter friend I saw the light. the funny part the first one insisted on a higher cut but only put in half the work 8)

//\\\\\\\\\\\\\\/////

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2023 11:40 pm 

Bump

Will try to do a 2023 budget for Ctg

//\\\\\\\\\\\\\\/////

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2023 1:39 am 

Mr.Black wrote:
Bump

Will try to do a 2023 budget for Ctg

Following this! I have spent a ton of time in Bogota and Medellin (the coffee triangle and Bucaramunga as well), but have not been to Cartegena yet, mostly due to my hatred of the heat. That might be changing VERY soon.