It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 12:29 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: $$
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:37 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

8)

Welcome Bob-

My last trip I took 5k with me for 10 days. Well I returned with nearly half
after it was all said and done. Food,drink,girls,golf, AND my SL bill.

Cujo

"Pain is the fuel that fans the flames of my pyre. A battle plan is only as good as the general carrying it out on the field. This is my war son, and I have the biggest bombs and the smallest conscience"...

Post subject: Thanks
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:13 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

8) Jaducjo,
This the type of information I need. I known that MMMV but it is a start. Also an other member told me that McDonald's is priced higher than in the US. Normally I do not eat at McDonalds but it gives me an idea of how much other food cost. I'll try the local brew to see if I can handle it, but if not I was told that Corena is $3-4 a bottle. I think I'll have to stop by the Custom Free Shop at the airport for a bottle of Crown, always a crowd pleaser.
Was this your first trip and how did you like it? I've been to Thialand twice, but looking for the same type of enviorment a little closer to home. That second leg of the flight is 13 hours long. It is rough on the old body.
Thanks again for the information and I'll "talk " at you later on.
Thanks
BoB 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:24 pm 

I rarely eat that crap, especially in Costa Rica.

But for the sake of accuracy, McDonalds in CR is NOT more expensive than the US. But it may depend where in the US we are comparing to. A "value" meals runs about $7 in NYC whereas it's around $5 in small towns in upstate NY. There are regional price differences, even in the US.

A combo meal in SJ I believe is around $4-5 at McD's.

Yummy!!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:

Post subject: Re: Thanks
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 1:31 pm 

Bobshere wrote:
8) Jaducjo,

Was this your first trip and how did you like it? I've been to Thialand twice, but looking for the same type of enviorment a little closer to home. That second leg of the flight is 13 hours long. It is rough on the old body.
Thanks again for the information and I'll "talk " at you later on.
Thanks
BoB 8)

Yes it was my first trip. I mean talk about procrastination, I became a member 2 years before my first trip and I live about as close as you can stateside.
How did I like it? I had a great time. I've also been able to monger in Frankfurt, the Phillipines, Italia, Spain and Prague, Czech Republic to name a few.
What made CR a little different is that I speak the language. So in essence, I was now in a place where prostitution was leagal AND there was no language barrier. It made things 100X easier in every capacity, because I definately dont know tagalo, Italian, German, or Russian.

Now what really made a difference was the great brothers I met from this very board. As gay as it sounds I look equally as forward to meeting new/ seeing old friends there as I do having a rediculous 3 some with some columbianas out of the DR for a good price.

The brotherhood that is CRT seems omnipresent especially if you stay at the SL. Of course not all of us are exactly the same, which is to say some guys you will be tight with, and others not. But if you are down there with me and you belong to the brotherhood, your already alright with me. 8)

Dont worry about money, like I said if you bring a couple of dimes it will be enough.
I only got around to writing one trip report and the guys seemed to like it, so if you get bored: https://costaricaticas.com/phpBB2/viewto ... light=cujo

Late,
Cujo

"Pain is the fuel that fans the flames of my pyre. A battle plan is only as good as the general carrying it out on the field. This is my war son, and I have the biggest bombs and the smallest conscience"...