www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 8:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:24 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Sometimes it's really tough to come up with a thread topic that hasn't already been bludgeoned to death on this board, so just for shits and giggles, I thought I'd try this one (note that some of the reference info here I pulled off of http://www.personalitypage.com/info.html)

Ever wonder what's really behind our impulse to monger? Sure, there's all kinds of possible reasons - our evolutionary niche to "plant our seed" as many places as possible, a higher than normal testosterone level, frustration with gringas and U.S. sexual mores, or just plain "because we can".

But maybe there's a little more to it than that. Some of you may already be familiar with personality type theory, as first developed by Carl Jung and later expanded upon and popularized by Isabel Myers and Katherine Briggs. The "Myers/Briggs" theory of personality posits that every individual has a primary mode of operation within four categories:

1. our flow of energy
2. how we take in information
3. how we prefer to make decisions
4. the basic day-to-day lifestyle that we prefer

Within each of these categories, we naturally "prefer" to be either:

1. Extraverted or Introverted
2. Sensing or Intuitive
3. Thinking or Feeling
4. Judging or Perceiving

The combination of our four "preferences" defines our personality type - of which there are 16 distinct possibilities. So for instance, if you're Extraverted, Sensing, Feeling, Perceiving, you're an ESFP.

So now I'm going to put on my (very) amateur psychology hat, and postulate which of these types is most likely to be a monger....

Category 1: Introvert or Extrovert

Our flow of energy defines how we receive the essential part of our stimulation. Do we receive it from within ourselves (Introverted) or from external sources (Extraverted)? Is our dominant function focused externally or internally?

Given how many drunk loudmouths you see cavorting around the Del Rey on a typical evening, you might at first thought assume mongering is an extrovert's game. But less apparent are a couple of factors that more apply to an introverted orientation: 1) Not having the natural gregariousness to easily approach women, so preferring a situation where the cards are already stacked in our favor, and 2) Being more comfortable with the temporary time commitments of PFP; i.e., by "paying them to leave" we have more time to replenish the energy reserves with the "alone time" we require than would normally apply in a committed relationship.

So on balance, I say the Introvert is the more likely mongerer.

Category 2 - Sensing or Intuitive

This area deals with our preferred method of taking in and absorbing information. Do we trust our five senses (Sensing) to take in information, or do we rely on our instincts (Intuitive)?

When on the prowl for poon, we may try at times to play it cool and attempt to intuit from various non-verbal or other cues the type of experience we're going to have with a particular chica. But let's get real - when deciding whether or not to pull the trigger, what we mostly respond to is what our senses tell us on a purely visceral level - the exposed cleavage, the intoxicating smell of her perfume, the soft touch of her exposed thigh, the sight of her ripe ass filling out those skintight jeans, the brush of her hand across our already protruding bulges...

Sensing over Instincts on this one.

Category 3 - Thinking or Feeling

The third type of preference, how we prefer to make decisions, refers to whether we are prone to decide things based on logic and objective consideration (Thinking), or based on our personal, subjective value systems (Feeling).

Quite frankly, the "Feeler" guys are the ones that usually don't stay mongers for very long. In other words, for long-term success, you need to have sort of a cold, hard, calculated appreciation for the cost/benefits of the game - and be satisfied with just that. The feelers are much more prone to fall for the poor chica just "trying things out" in a desperate effort to feed her four hungry hijos and care for her terminally sick abuela - and then, in the throes of their new-found infatuation, mail out those monthly checks to their special "novias". While the same novia of course continues trolling the Del Rey seeking out more "Feelers" to add to her list of benefactors...

Thinkers win here in a landslide.

Category 4 - Judging or Perceiving

This category is concerned with how we deal with the external world on a day-to-day basis. Are we organized and purposeful, and more comfortable with scheduled, structured environments (Judging), or are we flexible and diverse, and more comfortable with open, casual environments (Perceiving)?

I've heard this one described in even more basic terms as Judgers being those oriented towards work before play, while Perceivers think in terms of play before work; which at its most base level might be described as hedonism. Certainly there are those of us who may push the "hedonism" envelope a little further than others, but on the whole, one would have to say most mongers are probably more prone in this direction than the population at large.

Perceivers definitely on this one.

So there you have it - your ideal monger personality type: an ISTP.

Oops - that's me... :oops: :oops: :D

Last edited by GetRhythm on Fri Jun 22, 2007 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:59 pm 
GetRhythm wrote:
Sometimes it's really tough to come up with a thread topic that hasn't already been bludgeoned to death on this board, so just for shits and giggles, I thought I'd try this one (note that some of the reference info here I pulled off of http://www.personalitypage.com/info.html)

Ever wonder what's really behind our impulse to monger? Sure, there's all kinds of possible reasons - our evolutionary niche to "plant our seed" as many places as possible, a higher than normal testosterone level, frustration with gringas and U.S. sexual mores, or just plain "because we can".

But maybe there's a little more to it than that. Some of us may already be familiar with personality type theory, as first developed by Carl Jung and later expanded upon and popularized by Isabel Myers and Katherine Briggs. The "Myers/Briggs" theory of personality posits that every individual has a primary mode of operation within four categories:

1. our flow of energy

2. Sensing or Intuitive
3. Thinking or Feeling
4. Judging or Perceiving

The combination of our four "preferences" defines our personality type - of which there are 16 distinct possibilities. So for instance, if you're Extraverted, Sensing, Feeling, Perceiving, you're an ESFP.

So now I'm going to put on my (very) amateur psychology hat, and postulate which of these types is most likely to be a monger....

Our flow of energy defines how we receive the essential part of our stimulation. Do we receive it from within ourselves (Introverted) or from external sources (Extraverted)? Is our dominant function focused externally or internally?

Given how many drunk loudmouths you see cavorting around the Del Rey on a typical evening, you might at first thought assume mongering is an extrovert's game. But less apparent are a couple of factors that more apply to an introverted orientation: 1) Not having the natural gregariousness to easily approach women, so preferring a situation where the cards are already stacked in our favor, and 2) Being more comfortable with the temporary time commitments of PFP; i.e., by "paying them to leave" we have more time to replenish the energy reserves with the "alone time" we require than would normally apply in a committed relationship.

The topic of how we take in information deals with our preferred method of taking in and absorbing information. Do we trust our five senses (Sensing) to take in information, or do we rely on our instincts (Intuitive)?

When on the prowl for poon, we may try at times to think with our "big heads" and intuit from various non-verbal or other cues the type of experience we're going to have with a particular chica. But let's get real - when deciding whether or not to pull the trigger, what we mostly respond to is what our senses tell us on a purely visceral level - the exposed cleavage, the smell of her perfume, the soft touch of her exposed thigh, seeing how her ass fills out those skintight jeans, the brush of her hand across our already protruding bulges...

The third type of preference, how we prefer to make decisions, refers to whether we are prone to decide things based on logic and objective consideration (Thinking), or based on our personal, subjective value systems (Feeling).

Quite frankly, the "Feeler" guys are the ones that usually don't stay mongers for very long. In other words, for long-term success, you need to have sort of a cold, hard, calculated appreciation for the cost/benefits of the game - and be satisfied with just that. The feelers are much more likely prone to fall for the poor chica just "trying things out" in a desperate effort to feed her four hungry hijos and care for her terminally sick abuela - and then, in the throes of their new-found infatuation, mail out those monthly checks to their special "novias". While the same novia of course continues trolling the Del Rey seeking out more "Feelers" to add to her list of beneficiaries...

This category is concerned with how we deal with the external world on a day-to-day basis. Are we organized and purposeful, and more comfortable with scheduled, structured environments (Judging), or are we flexible and diverse, and more comfortable with open, casual environments (Perceiving)?

I've heard this one described in even more basic terms as Judgers being those oriented towards work before play, while Perceivers think in terms of play before work; which at its most base level might be described as hedonism. Certainly there are those of us who may push the "hedonism" envelope a little further than others, but on the whole, you would have to say most mongers are probably more prone in this direction than the population at large.

wow, I'm and EITP... but I LOVE pu*sy, and the more the merrier, and I get bored with just one...

PLUS I hate being tied down... And I love hanging with multiple chix, and who can blame me for wanting HUGE ORGIES where I'm the only male, or where males are a minority?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:00 am 
GetRhythm wrote:

But maybe there's a little more to it than that. Some of us may already be familiar with personality type theory, as first developed by Carl Jung and later expanded upon and popularized by Isabel Myers and Katherine Briggs. The "Myers/Briggs" theory of personality posits that every individual has a primary mode of operation within four categories:

1. our flow of energy

2. Sensing or Intuitive
3. Thinking or Feeling
4. Judging or Perceiving

The topic of how we take in information deals with our preferred method of taking in and absorbing information. Do we trust our five senses (Sensing) to take in information, or do we rely on our instincts (Intuitive)?

When on the prowl for poon, we may try at times to think with our "big heads" and intuit from various non-verbal or other cues the type of experience we're going to have with a particular chica. But let's get real - when deciding whether or not to pull the trigger, what we mostly respond to is what our senses tell us on a purely visceral level - the exposed cleavage, the smell of her perfume, the soft touch of her exposed thigh, seeing how her ass fills out those skintight jeans, the brush of her hand across our already protruding bulges...

Quite frankly, the "Feeler" guys are the ones that usually don't stay mongers for very long. In other words, for long-term success, you need to have sort of a cold, hard, calculated appreciation for the cost/benefits of the game - and be satisfied with just that. The feelers are much more likely prone to fall for the poor chica just "trying things out" in a desperate effort to feed her four hungry hijos and care for her terminally sick abuela - and then, in the throes of their new-found infatuation, mail out those monthly checks to their special "novias". While the same novia of course continues trolling the Del Rey seeking out more "Feelers" to add to her list of beneficiaries...

I've heard this one described in even more basic terms as Judgers being those oriented towards work before play, while Perceivers think in terms of play before work; which at its most base level might be described as hedonism. Certainly there are those of us who may push the "hedonism" envelope a little further than others, but on the whole, you would have to say most mongers are probably more prone in this direction than the population at large.

wow, I'm and EITP... but I LOVE pu*sy, and the more the merrier, and I get bored with just one...

PLUS I hate being tied down... And I love hanging with multiple chix, and who can blame me for wanting HUGE ORGIES where I'm the only male, or where males are a minority?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:49 am 

Phuck if I know what type of person I am. If I tried to tie it down from the choices given, I'm sure that I would subconsciously, possibly consciously, alter it to make me look better somehow. Since I am happy with who I am, IMHO it really doesn't even come into the equation. The last two times that I have been interviewed in a business situation, both times the word that they each used was "unique". Whatever that means. :roll:

My choices in women have never been good. I would just phuck it up again if I tried for a relationship anyway. :cry: Basically it boils down to I have more money, than good looking women that want me, because I don't care to put in the effort. It is easier, and I don't want to enter into a committed relationship.

I greatly enjoy sex, but not at the cost of a relationship. I subscribe to MG's NEXT!!! :D :D

I enjoy living alone. I can do what I want, when I want. I have complete control of the clicker, amongst all other things, and can change the channel as many times as I wish. I decided that I wanted to go to San Francisco last weekend, so I went. Had a nice experience at an AMP, which I wouldn't have done if I was in a relationship.

If y'all want to dig deep into why you have evolved into you, IMJ try doing the weekend with Mankind Project, dba New Warriors. The Los Angeles web site is MKPLA.org. Other than seeing the births of my two daughters, it is the most significant thing I have done in my life. :lol: In one weekend it completely changed the way that I had been thinking for 50 years. :oops: Very powerful.

I'm looking as forward to meeting many of you at the Anniversary Party, and taking day trips (ATV, golf, etc.) as I am to the inevitable sex that I will have.

Health & happiness to all

Santas Bro

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 5:03 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Now that is serious self reflection, Myers Briggs applied to the Gulch,
half century mark has you in a tizzy huh. :lol:
I want to know what the country guy with the donkey is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:16 am 

GR,

I have been tested a lot in this area. It is standard practice now for large consulting firms. I am:

1) Extroverted
2) Intuitive
3)Thinking
4) Perceiveing

EITP

Interesting thread, I would have to agree that i meet a lot of naturally introverted mongers. The Perceiving attribute may be the dominant trait in mongers.

Intersting thread, you are obviously in a very self reflective mode at the big "50".

BKTUNA
Extroverted since 1963

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:17 am 

We could always use another poll :wink:

BKTUNA
I am never going home

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:19 pm 

Am naturally an IIFP I think at first glance - not GR's ideal mongerer, but still seem to make it work. My thanks to the guy who wrote "DON'T SEND MONEY" - saved us "feelers" alot of dinero.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:32 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

I am a PUTO.

Go figure?

Last edited by Wmax2 on Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:29 pm 

WTF???

Muff

Image___________________________________

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 1:02 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Getrythm,

Interesting approach - applying psych and management ideas to mongering. This has proven to be a most effective approach to team building and group dynamics. However, those who have not spent time in government, education or large business may think all this is BS.

I'm personally INTJ and view mongering as a part time or temporary enjoyment which I can take or leave. I prefer a close relationship with a good woman, but in between enjoy what comes up. I'm fairly selective and bitch resisitant so mongering has by default occupied a significant portion of my life.

Unlike others, I find menage a trois, etc. distracting and prefer to be with one lady who blows my eyes out on a regular basis. However, bitching will send me back to mongering in a heartbeat. I guess all this fits with the INTJ profile. Oh well, I yam what I yam.

Is low self esteem a prerequisite for being a good Ho or is it a result? ;-)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:00 am 

GetRhythm wrote:

But maybe there's a little more to it than that. Some of you may already be familiar with personality type theory, as first developed by Carl Jung and later expanded upon and popularized by Isabel Myers and Katherine Briggs. The "Myers/Briggs" theory of personality posits that every individual has a primary mode of operation within four categories:

1. our flow of energy

2. Sensing or Intuitive
3. Thinking or Feeling
4. Judging or Perceiving

This area deals with our preferred method of taking in and absorbing information. Do we trust our five senses (Sensing) to take in information, or do we rely on our instincts (Intuitive)?

When on the prowl for poon, we may try at times to play it cool and attempt to intuit from various non-verbal or other cues the type of experience we're going to have with a particular chica. But let's get real - when deciding whether or not to pull the trigger, what we mostly respond to is what our senses tell us on a purely visceral level - the exposed cleavage, the intoxicating smell of her perfume, the soft touch of her exposed thigh, the sight of her ripe ass filling out those skintight jeans, the brush of her hand across our already protruding bulges...

Quite frankly, the "Feeler" guys are the ones that usually don't stay mongers for very long. In other words, for long-term success, you need to have sort of a cold, hard, calculated appreciation for the cost/benefits of the game - and be satisfied with just that. The feelers are much more prone to fall for the poor chica just "trying things out" in a desperate effort to feed her four hungry hijos and care for her terminally sick abuela - and then, in the throes of their new-found infatuation, mail out those monthly checks to their special "novias". While the same novia of course continues trolling the Del Rey seeking out more "Feelers" to add to her list of benefactors...

I've heard this one described in even more basic terms as Judgers being those oriented towards work before play, while Perceivers think in terms of play before work; which at its most base level might be described as hedonism. Certainly there are those of us who may push the "hedonism" envelope a little further than others, but on the whole, one would have to say most mongers are probably more prone in this direction than the population at large.

Thanks GR for bringing some reason to the board. As I read: I really tried not to judge what I was reading. But I know I am extraverted. Who else would move somewhere where they only know 3 people to open up a business where I "need" people to be successful :shock: I agree with sensing. I love a tall fine MF. I call them "Superstars" 8) I think I am a feeler. I actually care about people and would never intentionally hurt someone :oops: And I must say I am a Judger. I love to work and I am a Type A personallity. That scares me because many of us do not survive long. That is way I love CR it gets me out of myself. And I can relax and not take myself so seriously :P

So I am a ESFJ. ADMIN 1 I hope I do not have to turn in my CRT card :oops:

NYG

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:55 pm 

Quote:
But let's get real - when deciding whether or not to pull the trigger, what we mostly respond to is what our senses tell us on a purely visceral level - the exposed cleavage, the intoxicating smell of her perfume, the soft touch of her exposed thigh, the sight of her ripe ass filling out those skintight jeans, the brush of her hand across our already protruding bulges...

GR, for a newbie traveling in the gulch for his monger initiation n this fall, can you please read me a bedtime story like this every night?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:59 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

GR--interesting post. These preferences are very basic to how we operate (like being right- or left-handed). As an INTP, your descriptions ring true. Agree that "perceiving" may be a unifying preference for mongers.

Osogrande

You can't buy happiness, but you can rent it.