www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 5:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 3:34 am 
Site Admin

Some travelers have reported having problems clearing immigration at the airport in Costa Rica due to the QR code, which is generated by the health pass.

Once you have purchased your plane ticket to Costa Rica, then purchase the medical insurance policy, and 48 hours of prior to your departaure complete the online health pass. The purpose of the health pass is so that local authorities can reach you in the event of contact tracing. You must complete the health pass, confirm your cell phone number and email address before receiving a QR code.

Be careful not to wait until just before the time to leave for the airport and complete the health pass. Some time is required to confirm your contact information and receive the QR code. Failing to print the QR code or find it on your cell phone upon arrival at the airport in Costa Rica will delay your passage through immigration.

https://costaricaticas.com/full-reopening-us-tourists/

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:41 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

The Admin wrote:
Some travelers have reported having problems clearing immigration at the airport in Costa Rica due to the QR code, which is generated by the health pass.

Once you have purchased your plane ticket to Costa Rica, then purchase the medical insurance policy, and 48 hours of prior to your departaure complete the online health pass. The purpose of the health pass is so that local authorities can reach you in the event of contact tracing. You must complete the health pass, confirm your cell phone number and email address before receiving a QR code.

Be careful not to wait until just before the time to leave for the airport and complete the health pass. Some time is required to confirm your contact information and receive the QR code. Failing to print the QR code or find it on your cell phone upon arrival at the airport in Costa Rica will delay your passage through immigration.

https://costaricaticas.com/full-reopening-us-tourists/

Sorry to slightly change the subject ( but it still relates to insurance,etc ).

What do you think the odds are that mandatory health insurance purchase will be a permanent thing from now on, when you want to go to CR ?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 5:52 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Hello and good afternoon! I arrived on flight 2221 American Airlines out of Miami to San Jose today on 1 November. On page 6 I have a report on travel insurance. I purchased the travel insurance two days ago filled out the medical form that you had to fill out where you get a QR code for Costa Rica. I uploaded the declarations page and and at that time they were still asking for a copy of your drivers license to be uploaded also. After that upload and submission I got a QR code right away. I arrived at the airport got in the immigration line and was checked twice one by a roving lady who had her phone checking QR codes, it would turn green on her phone if everything was OK. I did see her however get some people out of line because there was an issue with their paperwork another words the QR code when she scanned it did not turn green on her device. Mine however did and I was allowed to enter the country after showing the immigration person how many days my insurance was good for which was 10 days he put down 11 days on the passport stamp which is usually 90 but they are going by how many days you have insurance. I may post a link to the insurance one more time here because my insurance again I Set the insurance amount to $250 the trip amount to $250 and then for 10 days of coverage or 11 days of coverage from the first to the 11th cost me cost me less than $30....At age 50. Beats the hell out of $12.00/day!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:46 pm 
Site Admin

sb_boise wrote:
Sorry to slightly change the subject ( but it still relates to insurance,etc ).

What do you think the odds are that mandatory health insurance purchase will be a permanent thing from now on, when you want to go to CR ?

Basically, the QR code is a way to extend the customs check to people who are standing in line and take the people out of line who would otherwise hold up the line when they reach the immgration agent.

The travelers who scan red on the QR code (or can't figure out how to do it) go into an area where they wait for personal attention and/or adjusting potential problems.

I think the goal is for everyone who scans green on their QR code to just sail through the line.

To answer your question, if they can automate it sucessfully, reduce costs of collecting and processing information, contain labor costs, then the insurance policy is here to stay. It's more variable income with less or nominal fixed costs.

The policy cost may come down some when the virus and 14 day quarantine requirement is gone. But, I suspect this is going to be a long-term change because it has been debated in the past, especially when Panama did somthing similar.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:37 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

The Health Pass epidemiological form is online only, correct? Does anyone have a reference to the list of questions that this form asks? When I go to the actual website for the form itself, there is no list of questions that I can see without actually filling the form out online (which requires you to follow a sequence filling out flight numbers and personal information before you get to the rest of the form - so you can't really take a "practice run" at it). I would like to know in advance what information is needed so that I don't wait until 2 days before my flight as required to fill it out only to find that I need information that will take me time to get. (I'm not anticipating that I will need information that will be difficult to get, but I don't want to be surprised, either.)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:54 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

RicoGuapo wrote:
The Health Pass epidemiological form is online only, correct? Does anyone have a reference to the list of questions that this form asks? When I go to the actual website for the form itself, there is no list of questions that I can see without actually filling the form out online (which requires you to follow a sequence filling out flight numbers and personal information before you get to the rest of the form - so you can't really take a "practice run" at it). I would like to know in advance what information is needed so that I don't wait until 2 days before my flight as required to fill it out only to find that I need information that will take me time to get. (I'm not anticipating that I will need information that will be difficult to get, but I don't want to be surprised, either.)

Here are the questions
1. What you name?
2. Is you first time here?
3. Is you vacation?
4. What hotel you stay?
5. How many day?
6. How much you pay?

Oh wait, different interview.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 5:55 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

All it asks is standard COVID questions, your email, your insurance policy number date of arrival ,airline and flight number. Took me all of maybe 3 minutes to fill out and got a reply email with my QR code. Easy peasy. Got my insurance policy thru Sagicor almost a week before, so I was ready.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:33 pm 

Boynton wrote:
RicoGuapo wrote:

Here are the questions
1. What you name?
3. Is you vacation?
4. What hotel you stay?
5. How many day?
6. How much you pay?

:D 7. I give you good massage.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:59 pm 

Jawanker wrote:
Boynton wrote:
RicoGuapo wrote:

Here are the questions
1. What you name?
3. Is you vacation?
4. What hotel you stay?
5. How many day?
6. How much you pay?

:D 7. I give you good massage.

That's for emc

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:14 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Arrived CR early Thursday 12:30am. If you have your paperwork in order, Immigration went extremely fast. The key was having your insurance verified and having the QR code.

They were sending people whose insurance not yet verified back to a room where an agent looked through their policy documents. I purchased Sagicor and had a printout of my QR code. Once you complete the Health Pass they email you a PDF, I downloaded and printed. I saw people using electronic versions with no problems.

The immigration officer scanned the QR code asked two questions and stamped my passport. Total time from walking off the plane to being outside in a taxi less than 15 minutes including picking up a checked bag.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:32 pm 

Thanks all for the info and chuckles.

------------------------------------------------------------------

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2020 3:53 pm 

Boynton wrote:
RicoGuapo wrote:

Here are the questions
1. What you name?
3. Is you vacation?
4. What hotel you stay?
5. How many day?
6. How much you pay?

Well said, Will you fall in love with me and send me money !

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:41 am 

It’s more like

Jew berry handsome (sometimes they say papi lol)
What’s Jew name
Where Jew from
Where Jew stay
First time Costa Rica?
Jew want massage blowjob

I phucking miss it. So I have to have insurance and medical papers to come down? F that

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2020 6:56 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Horhey wrote:
It’s more like

Jew berry handsome (sometimes they say papi lol)
What’s Jew name
Where Jew from
Where Jew stay
First time Costa Rica?
Jew want massage blowjob

I phucking miss it. So I have to have insurance and medical papers to come down? F that

TJ Is probably going to be my P4P solution for a while because of that

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2020 8:32 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

bulldog10 wrote:
Arrived CR early Thursday 12:30am. If you have your paperwork in order, Immigration went extremely fast. The key was having your insurance verified and having the QR code.

They were sending people whose insurance not yet verified back to a room where an agent looked through their policy documents. I purchased Sagicor and had a printout of my QR code. Once you complete the Health Pass they email you a PDF, I downloaded and printed. I saw people using electronic versions with no problems.

The immigration officer scanned the QR code asked two questions and stamped my passport. Total time from walking off the plane to being outside in a taxi less than 15 minutes including picking up a checked bag.

bulldog10 thanks for the info however I'm curious was there still a Temp check at any point on your arrival ?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next