www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:27 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 632 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 43  Next
 Post subject: Re: coranavirus concern
PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:27 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Attila wrote:
I'm hoarding uv lights and disinfectants

"Drench cotton wool in violet oil before bedtime,” instructs Abbas Tabrizian, then “insert into your anus.” Not only will you smell flowery, you will ward off covid-19
https://www.economist.com/middle-east-a ... cal-advice

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 12:24 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Boynton wrote:
Attila wrote:
I'm hoarding uv lights and disinfectants

"Drench cotton wool in violet oil before bedtime,” instructs Abbas Tabrizian, then “insert into your anus.” Not only will you smell flowery, you will ward off covid-19
https://www.economist.com/middle-east-a ... cal-advice

I only take medical advice from Doctor Bombay. If you want to make an appointment here's his number 506 2523 0752 :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:42 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Yesterday, 1 new case of c19 in CR.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:35 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Any word on a date to open the border?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:08 pm 

Gatorsrule wrote:

As in "when is a country with 1 new case a day going to open up to visitors from a country with 25,000 new cases a day"?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:11 pm 

Gatorsrule wrote:

President Alvarado is supposed to announce a "roadmap" to easing restrictions on Monday. Not sure of how detailed this will be about border reopening.
https://ticotimes.net/2020/04/23/costa- ... ing-crisis
scroll down to 2nd half of article

Some notes about CR testing for COVID19.
- Less than two tenths of one percent of CR's 5 million people have been tested.
- Until CR develops and manufactures their own tests (minimum 6 weeks), they are only performing 200 surveillance tests per WEEK.
- CR uses hydroxychloroquine (manufactured here in CR) for COVID treatment.
- Besides designing and creating its own tests, local companies and UCR have also designed ventilators.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:07 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Exactly. A population of 5 million and only 12,000 people tested to date. Who knows how many people have the disease.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:08 pm 

Rule of thumb I read somewhere based on China and S. Korea data in a country with little or no testing like the US or CR expect 5 to 8 times more cases than are confirmed ill. So in CR with about 700 known cases expect between 3500 to 5600 cases. These people who have mild or no symptoms are carriers and if older people come in contact with them they get very very sick. That is going to be the problem for us older mongers.

There is nothing either good or bad
but thinking makes it so.
HAMLET

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:16 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

The number of 'cases' merely shows the number of people tested, and shown to be positive. (forget whether these tests are accurate or not infected with some of the 'virus') Nothing more.

The number of deaths, is a real number of people who died, but doesnt necessarily mean that they actually died due to the 'virus'

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:54 pm 

Rico1040 wrote:
The number of 'cases' merely shows the number of people tested, and shown to be positive. (forget whether these tests are accurate or not infected with some of the 'virus') Nothing more.

The number of deaths, is a real number of people who died, but doesnt necessarily mean that they actually died due to the 'virus'

The virus is seldom the only thing going on...but it still is the cause of death. Or you could say it is not killing anyone...because everyone would have eventually died of something else. The standard way of determining cause of death is what precipitated the death. Most people die of heart failure... because their heart stops. But the virus is still the cause.

The small number that would have died anyway cannot be known...with this or any other cause of death. If someone dies as a result of a car accident you don't go back and attribute it to the cancer that they have. The cause of death is the thing that precipitated the death. Not what their "underlying" medical condition was. For sure the virus affects people with high blood pressure, diabetes, obesity, COPD...etc. etc. more than the general population. So they are more likely to die from the virus effects on their body.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:10 pm 

Rico1040 wrote:

Are you saying the 202,270 COVID-19 fatalities to date worldwide - including 53,391 in the USA - are not all due to COVID-19? How did you arrive at that conclusion?

Zeos wrote:
The virus is seldom the only thing going on...but it still is the cause of death.

+1

mh

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:21 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

That is exactly what I am saying. Many people died of other factors but the death certificate listed the 'virus' as the cause.
There are numerous stories that doctors and hospitals were being paid extra by insurance to call deaths as the 'virus'
My daughter is an ER nurse and gave an accurate, boots on the ground ' account.

As one person said " and just like that.. nobody died of natural causes this month "

We dont know anything and the news is not consistent nor sensical. Is this worldwide reaction political or healthcare???
We can only maintain our good health, double bag and go from behind. Lol

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:31 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Miamiheller wrote:
Rico1040 wrote:

Are you saying the 202,270 COVID-19 fatalities to date worldwide - including 53,391 in the USA - are not all due to COVID-19? How did you arrive at that conclusion?

Zeos wrote:
The virus is seldom the only thing going on...but it still is the cause of death.

+1

mh

https://youtu.be/GU0d8kpybVg

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:50 pm 

Rico1040 wrote:
That is exactly what I am saying. Many people died of other factors but the death certificate listed the 'virus' as the cause.
There are numerous stories that doctors and hospitals were being paid extra by insurance to call deaths as the 'virus'
My daughter is an ER nurse and gave an accurate, boots on the ground ' account.

As one person said " and just like that.. nobody died of natural causes this month "

We dont know anything and the news is not consistent nor sensical. Is this worldwide reaction political or healthcare???
We can only maintain our good health, double bag and go from behind. Lol

Ok, got it. So you really don't know anything. You're stating your opinion, based on nothing except for your daughter's anecdotal opinion and what appears to be your personal beliefs.

Thanks for your contribution. I'll stick to believing the WHO, the CDC, and Johns Hopkins over you.

Oh, and also I'll believe my two cousins who are ER doctors in Miami and NYC, my sister in law who is a lab tech in charge of testing for COVID-19, and one of my oldest friends who is chief of cardiology at a prominent hospital in NYC when they say COVID-19 fatalities were actually UNDERSTATED up until recently.

mh

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:10 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

In the discussion concerning costa rica ticas, it will be interesting to see what the future holds for us gentlemen .
Will the Rey ever reopen ? Will Taormina survive the guest fee ? Are the quick services for cheap still on the new menu ? It will be interesting to see how all with change, or stay the same.

Meanwhile, our doctor friends may pull up all the deaths in 2018, 19, and 20 due to flu, pneumonia, and 'virus' and compare the combined numbers. That may say alot.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 632 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 43  Next