www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sat Jun 22, 2024 11:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:18 pm 
Site Admin

2:14PM EST UPDATE!

Well from what I am told after another painful 6 hours of work and a 1 hour Crash which I hope doesn't happen again - we think we were able to transfer the VIP permissions over to this sit and the VIP Forum is now open for business. Couple of points.

WE ARE NOT 100% sure that every user made it over during the transfer and at the same time we believe a few more than were supposed to also made the move over. Rather than run the script for the 5th time I am asking this as follows.

IF YOU CAN NOT ACCESS THE VIP FORUM make sure of course you are logged in and if you get permission denied send me an EMAIL NOT A PM to info@costaricaticas.com with the following.
Username:
Password:
Email address used.

Any requests without the above information WILL BE IGNORED!

I might also point out that if you see someone posting in the VIP FORUM without a VIP FLAG please report it using the report post feature at the bottom of the thread or send me a PM so I can remove them.

Thanks again for your patience!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:41 pm 
Site Admin

You may also see from time to time until we are 100% complete the forum going down for a few minutes here and there or disabled while something is being installed etc.

We also are setting up the search index and its using a big amount of the server as well.

Be patient we are getting there!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:28 am 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Looking Good.

Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:03 am 
Site Admin

Morning Update:
We are working this AM to secure the final few modifications not without some long days and stressful times for the development team and especially me.

We may have a few strange error messages if you try to access certain areas of the forum so please relax we are almost done.

Thanks for the patience.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:30 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Waiting Patiently... You have done a Amazing job.. Well done.. :D :D :D :D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:51 pm 

See Jeffe!!!! See

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:56 am 

Is the VIP section down again? When I logged in last night it was not there, so I figured you might still be doing work on it. This morning it is still down. No worries, just checking.

Someone PLEASE STOP Me.................LOL

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:28 pm 
Site Admin

Its there and I didn't touch it no work today!

A few Final Touches tomorrow so be prepared for some temporary outages as they add the Spell Checker and try to tweak a few things that you asked for like VIP for Chat & Calendar as well as give me some more admin commands I need for these sections.

The Shoutbox Is the Chat I didn't see the need for both and to be honest it takes up to many resources on the server at least thats why I'm seeing.

SO 1 more day and we should be good to go!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:47 pm 
Site Admin

Gentlemen:
I'm going to ask you again because I am trying to be a patient man but as much patience as I have there is a level that you reach where you run out of patience.
I continue to update this thread with what is going on, and changes that are still coming, updates that need to be completed and most importantly if you don't have access to a particular area of the forum that you send me an email with the following information.

Username
Password
email address

I have had I counted them 67 request to fix forum issues. DO you know how many contained the above 3 items.... How about 5. Then I get 62 nasty messages they don't like the service they are getting. For 1 year I heard you need an upgrade, the board is stale, we need more features, pictures, and on and on.

4 Months of planning countless hours spent, dollars invested and we are well on our way to a superior product and a place that even the most hardened bored veteran will make his way back too. I simply can't fix your problems unless I have some cooperation to exactly what they are. I am not Marvin the Mind Reader.

Please I really am getting frustrated and extremely short and before I pop a blood vessel I ask that before you ask for help make sure that you haven't locked yourself out. If you have you can reset your password without my assistance. If you continue to have issues when contacting me provide the above 3 items of data or I will not research your issue.

This section and these topics can be read for those even not logged on so there is no excuse.

Thank you!