www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 632 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 43  Next
 Post subject: Re: coranavirus concern
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:37 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

As always, Pops is spot on. Oh well, maybe because i agree with him.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 9:40 pm 

Location: Sex Felony State (most other places p4p is just another day!)
johnnybravo1465 wrote:
I had a trip planned for the first week of May. I canceled that flight and re booked for the 4th of July. I just got email from SWA they canceled my flight. I am thinking fall might be the earliest to make a return trip.

Not that I would risk it right now but I tried to book a SWA to SJO from DFW through HOU over MDW and nada, nothing there/no flights. So then I tried AA and could get there but was like a 28 hour flight or something like that. Still two direct flights to MTY though and same going rate $500 +/-.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:50 am 

Puro Party wrote:
johnnybravo1465 wrote:
I had a trip planned for the first week of May. I canceled that flight and re booked for the 4th of July. I just got email from SWA they canceled my flight. I am thinking fall might be the earliest to make a return trip.

Not that I would risk it right now but I tried to book a SWA to SJO from DFW through HOU over MDW and nada, nothing there/no flights. So then I tried AA and could get there but was like a 28 hour flight or something like that. Still two direct flights to MTY though and same going rate $500 +/-.

Southwest has flights scheduled from DAL to SJO starting on June 28

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:00 am 

Location: Sex Felony State (most other places p4p is just another day!)
Hank wrote:
Puro Party wrote:
johnnybravo1465 wrote:

Southwest has flights scheduled from DAL to SJO starting on June 28

Nice! Appreciate the info. Hopefully 4th weekend!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 11:33 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

The airlines don't control CR's borders.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:45 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Puro Party wrote:
johnnybravo1465 wrote:

I am form Dallas as well and usually fly SWA to SJO (via Houston or Ft Lauderdale). Over the weekend I was poking around at flights for Bills Bday party (if it happens) and SWA has nothing scheduled (looking at Thursday in, Monday out). AA out of DFW has one direct flight each way, $700 though round trip...and then I tried to figure out their checked bag policies and was more confused.

I plan to at the end of this week to book SWA for October Halloween; SWA doesn't have November flight bookings until Thursday (the 23rd). Hopefully by then there will be enough testing to isolate only those that need isolation.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:07 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

The latest news today is that the CR borders should open May 15. Tourism is such a big part of the economy I think it will happen. But US carriers have to resume flights.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:06 am 

You have to ask yourself, why would Costa Rica open it's borders to the most infected country with inadequate testing to boot?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:53 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Yeah. Too many unknowns. It’s possible that whenever they re-open the borders that you get quarantined for 14 days after you arrive there. Hell, the same could happen when trying to come back to the states. Also the number flights have decreased so prices possibly will be higher and little flexibility due to limited availability.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:42 am 

Jay2ee wrote:
You have to ask yourself, why would Costa Rica open it's borders to the most infected country with inadequate testing to boot?

Tourism from the USA is a significant contributor to the CR GNP? That is why.
Come to CR when you can. You will enjoy a good exchange rate, very reasonable prices and selection, beautiful flora and fauna and excellent cigars.
Your CRT Brothers/Business owners, will take good care of you.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:24 pm 

It is becoming apparent in the states that the two biggest risk factors are age and obesity. Very few people who are healthy are dying from this virus. There are obese people in Costa Rica but very few compared to the States. There are plenty of elderly people. I am one of them. I take my chance every day when I wake up as do all of you. Tomorrow is not guaranteed. Before the virus I had to worry about stroke, heart attack and cancer. The main conditions that are killing my contemporaries. It is pretty clear to everyone what precautions need to be taken to avoid getting the virus. The main two are cleanliness and social distancing. The social distancing just went out the window here. It is hard to maintain social distancing waiting in line for a bus or while riding a bus. If the cases here don't drastically increase in the next three weeks this whole thing has probably been an over reaction. There are known places where people are confined in close quarters such as nursing homes, prisons and aboard ships. The pattern of death in these environments should be a sign of how to proceed. If this virus was as deadly as is being made out there would be an epidemic of deaths among healthcare workers and first responders. The media would have you believe that your chances are slim if you get the virus. Your chances are probably better than 1 in 500 that you will actually die from this virus if you are otherwise healthy regardless of your age. The aircraft carrier has had one death out of 800 known cases. Hotspots of death include those in nursing homes and those attending funerals and church meetings. The common denominator of these is age. So rather than punish everybody in class for one person talking you forbid gatherings of elderly people or greatly control how they occur. The 50 year reunions should probably be put on hold. K*ds get viruses at school and bring them home. I know from experience of K*ds sick one week and my getting ill the next. As this virus runs it's course you sequester the K*ds from their grandparents whenever possible. You still maintain the cleanliness and social distancing. The park closings should be reversed immediately here. You don't see a lot of old or fat people in the National Parks and beaches here.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:57 pm 

Pop's observations on the old and obese are spot on.
The large number of deaths in New York is probably due to the fact about 35% of people in the US are obese and about 45% are overweight.
People with a BMI (body mass index) of 30 and above are obese. A BMI of between 25 to 30 is overweight.
To calculate your BMI take your weight in kilograms and divide by your height in meters squared - Kg/M*2 .
That is why the 1 death in 800 on the navy ship and 6 deaths in 665 in Costa Rica. If they test a whole bunch of people they will probably find about 5 times that number have been infected and recovered 5 X 665 = 3325. So 6 deaths is not much for this deadly virus.

There is nothing either good or bad
but thinking makes it so.
HAMLET

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 2:32 pm 

And the band still plays on.

Only ones making money are the media companies gaining advertising dollars and control of your minds. Liberals and conservatives.

Fun Facts:
Hooomin beans died in the 2013 Ebola Outbreak amounted to 10,000 over three years. That's far less than the seasonal flu. Does that equate to Ebola being less of a pandemic concern than COVID-19 and both less than the flu?

New York City has a mass unmarked grave site in the potters field on Hart Island. People dying faster than they can toast them. Nobody I know, so it can't be a problem. Open the damn border! I'm out of Velveeta and I need to go to Publix! (just kidding, I still have an emergency box :mrgreen: )

Turn off the TV and close FaceBook. Read a real book about something totally different.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:06 pm 

WiseAsh wrote:
Jay2ee wrote:

Tourism from the USA is a significant contributor to the CR GNP? That is why.
Come to CR when you can. You will enjoy a good exchange rate, very reasonable prices and selection, beautiful flora and fauna and excellent cigars.
Your CRT Brothers/Business owners, will take good care of you.

Sounds like Fantasy Land.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:13 pm 

I'm hoarding uv lights and disinfectants

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 632 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 43  Next