www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 632 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 43  Next
 Post subject: coranavirus concern
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:16 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Really all about what the sportsman’s and Del Rey look like now . I really want to know. Since this a CR post. As for summer curing this -Jaco is as hot of weather as it gets and they are quarantined

Tell me me if the gulch is a ghost town , please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post subject: Re: coranavirus concern
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:10 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Costa Rica is on simi lockdown. All bars are closed. Beaches and parks remain closed. People are returning to jobs in San Jose and there is much more pedestrian traffic. Without tourist traffic there is not much of a mongering scene. Only options are regulars, mps, and social media. Not a problem to find something if you really want. Who knows when it will end. With only approx. 600 known cases and 4 deaths it is probably safer here than most of the rest of the world. Reporting is about as accurate as that in USA. That means it isn't to be trusted. Like in the states there I know people who have been sick here recently with flu like symptoms. They have recovered and were never tested. The flu comes around yearly and people die from it. It runs it's course. This virus seems to be worse on many than the normal flu. It too will run it's course over time. People will die. Make it front page news on every death and instill fear in the population. A population that tolerates traffic deaths, cancer, drug overdose deaths and continues to function is hiding in fear over 4 deaths. 3 of which were in their 80s. Seems like we are being conditioned to follow orders without protest.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:22 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Great Info.Pops.
Thanks for reporting.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:10 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Zeos wrote:
doncarrick wrote:
But the faster immunity is formed in most citizens, the earlier the economy will be restored.
The US goes this way, hoping to minimize losses. By autumn, the formation of the immune layer will be completed.
The country has a resource for this.

We don't know how many people have had it...but almost certainly nowhere near 50% of the population. And the level of immunity you get with having had this virus is not known yet. It could be like the common cold...only very short immunity. In which case a vaccine will be necessary. So if you are thinking that we will just carry on until "herd immunity" happens...well, I don't think the US will be anywhere close by fall. If it would have been let go to run the course, perhaps. But no where near that. At the rate of death in the US (based on "known" cases) that would mean several million more deaths. Let's see...at the current death rate of over 5% and you let say 200 million people get it (to get to just over 50% with "immunity) you would have 10 million deaths. Or a bit less if the actual death rate is less than 5%. Don't think even Trump will go with that option.

+10000

Sweden tried that "herd immunity" strategy. Oops. Infection and death rates have risen sharply over the last couple of weeks, to the point people are getting alarmed over there and calling for change.

But hey, as long as we can reopen the economy, what's a few extra deaths? :shock: :|

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:38 pm 

Day 5 living in CR with no pu*sy. I believe I have developed COVID19 related carpal tunnel syndrome.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:47 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Boynton wrote:
Day 5 living in CR with no pu*sy. I believe I have developed COVID19 related carpal tunnel syndrome.

Looks like 'Palm' Sunday got a long extension this year.. :oops: :shock: :!:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:22 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

360 is open again

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2020 6:28 pm 

stillsingle wrote:
360 is open again

Lots of options if you are not in the "high risk" population. I could also go to Muses, but they put the "herd" in "herd immunity". :oops:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 6:00 am 
Just Learning The Gulch!

I had a trip planned for the first week of May. I canceled that flight and re booked for the 4th of July. I just got email from SWA they canceled my flight. I am thinking fall might be the earliest to make a return trip.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:15 pm 

Summary of Rules to be obeyed in Costa Rica :

Just for clarification… The Corona Rules:

Basically, you can’t leave the house for any reason, but if you have to, then you can.
Masks are useless, but maybe you have to wear one, it can save you, it is useless, but maybe it is mandatory as well.
Stores are closed, except those that are open.
You should not go to hospitals unless you have to go there. Same applies to doctors, you should only go there in case of emergency, provided you are not too sick.
This virus is deadly but still not too scary, except that sometimes it actually leads to a global disaster.
Gloves won’t help, but they can still help.
Everyone needs to stay HOME, but it’s important to GO OUT.
There is no shortage of groceries in the supermarket, but there are many things missing when you go there in the evening, but not in the morning. Sometimes.
The virus has no effect on Ch*ldren except those it affects.
Animals are not affected, but there is still a cat that tested positive in Belgium in February when no one had been tested, plus a few tigers here and there…
You will have many symptoms when you are sick, but you can also get sick without symptoms, have symptoms without being sick, or be contagious without having symptoms. Oh, my…
In order not to get sick, you have to eat well and exercise, but eat whatever you have on hand and it’s better not to go out, well, but no…
It’s better to get some fresh air, but you get looked at very wrong when you get some fresh air, and most importantly, you don’t go to parks or walk. But don’t sit down, except that you can do that now if you are old, but not for too long or if you are pregnant (but not too old).
You can’t go to retirement homes, but you have to take care of the elderly and bring food and medication.
If you are sick, you can’t go out, but you can go to the pharmacy.
You can get restaurant food delivered to the house, which may have been prepared by people who didn’t wear masks or gloves. But you have to have your groceries decontaminated outside for 3 hours. Pizza too?
Every disturbing article or disturbing interview starts with “I don’t want to trigger panic, but…”
You can’t see your older mother or grandmother, but you can take a taxi and meet an older taxi driver.
You can walk around with a friend but not with your family if they don’t live under the same roof.
You are safe if you maintain the appropriate social distance, but you can’t go out with friends or strangers at the safe social distance.
The virus remains active on different surfaces for two hours, no, four, no, six, no, we didn’t say hours, maybe days? But it takes a damp environment. Oh no, not necessarily.
The virus stays in the air – well no, or yes, maybe, especially in a closed room, in one hour a sick person can infect ten, so if it falls, all our Ch*ldren were already infected at school before it was closed. But remember, if you stay at the recommended social distance, however in certain circumstances you should maintain a greater distance, which, studies show, the virus can travel further, maybe.
We count the number of deaths but we don’t know how many people are infected as we have only tested so far those who were “almost dead” to find out if that’s what they will die of…
We have no treatment, except that there may be one that apparently is not dangerous unless you take too much (which is the case with all medications).
We should stay locked up until the virus disappears, but it will only disappear if we achieve collective immunity, so when it circulates… but we must no longer be locked up for that?

There is nothing either good or bad
but thinking makes it so.
HAMLET

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:16 pm 

A little mixed messaging. :shock:

Guapiles Hospital Installs Mobile Morgue
https://qcostarica.com/guapiles-hospita ... le-morgue/

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 4:45 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Boynton wrote:
A little mixed messaging. :shock:

Guapiles Hospital Installs Mobile Morgue
https://qcostarica.com/guapiles-hospita ... le-morgue/

Yeah. Why do u need a mobile morgue with only 4 deaths ?????

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:26 pm 

https://ticotimes.net/2020/04/16/costa- ... recoveries
Surge in dengue cases reported
The Health Ministry says Costa Rica is also experiencing a surge of dengue cases.
The country is tracking 1,760 cases of the viral infection — 1,218 more than in the same period last year. Dengue virus, which is transmitted by mosquitoes, is affecting the Huetar Caribe and Central Northern zones of Costa Rica most severely.
The Health Ministry is asking the public to help control the spread of dengue by eliminating standing water in and around their homes.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:03 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Costa Rica has had 755 confirmed virus cases over the past month. This number is only as good as the testing system but it appears there are sufficient tests to meet the demands placed upon it by the medical community. Of these cases there have been only 4 deaths. 3 of which were senior citizens over 80 with pre existing medical conditions. Do the math. The death rate here is .5% per 100 people with known infections. This does not include the people who were completely asymptomatic or with mild symptoms. 4 deaths in a country of 5 million. For this the economy is on lockdown with tens of thousands out of work. Look at the aircraft carrier. Only one in 8 people tested positive in an environment highly subject to contagion. 800 hundred cases and only one death. In at risk communities the virus is devastating. Nursing homes with most people there having pre-existing conditions are not the place to be at the moment.

The measures being taken are saving lives. It is simple. Don't have contact with anyone else and you greatly increase the chance you will not catch the virus. Go in your room. Lock the door and don't come out. You will probably survive. Is this living? At what point is it worth the risk of dying to go out and actually live?

We are all at the mercy of the politicians who are making the decisions. I trust none of them. What went into their making the decision? We are bombarded by a media with agendas that are not necessarily what is in our best interest. The idea that we should believe anything that they say at this point is ludacris. I learned in college to question whatever I am told and come to my own conclusions.

As messed up as things are here right now I still prefer to be here than in the States. I feel more free here than in the states. I don't give the government here credit for great benevolence. I just don't feel that the government here has evolved to the point of oppression that exists in the States. Look around in the States. You have to get permission to wipe your ass and even then it may be illegal. It wasn't that way when I was younger.

Best of luck getting through this. Hope to see all of you soon.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:31 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

We are all at the mercy of the politicians who are making the decisions. I trust none of them. What went into their making the decision? We are bombarded by a media with agendas that are not necessarily what is in our best interest. The idea that we should believe anything that they say at this point is ludacris. I learned in college to question whatever I am told and come to my own conclusions.

Yes, Pops. I also am from the "question everything" days. You are so right on. When you express these things in percentages, you bring much wider perspective to this stuff. Appreciate your words.

Stay safe and healthy.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 632 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 43  Next