www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:23 am 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Planning a Tuna fishing trip and kinda wanted to plan it with the Halloween Party at SL. Halloween falls on a Tuesday. I assume the Party will be the weekend before? I can shoot them an email, but I thought some of you might know.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:43 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

I would call their 800 number and when you find out make your reservation ASAP. They usually fill up early for that weekend.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2023 7:21 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

I whatsapped them and Natasha replied promptly. She said Friday 27th and Demons and Angels 26-29th. Not sure what that is about.

My problem is I wanted to stay at SL first night....go to Los Suenos/Jaco to fish for two days, then come back for Fridays party and fly home Saturday. But SL won't allow you to book one night over the weekend, especially that weekend. So I have to figure things out. Really hate that President is not an option. Loved staying there. I dont want to stay at Castillo or Taomarino

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:54 pm 

alexjackson30 wrote:
I whatsapped them and Natasha replied promptly. She said Friday 27th and Demons and Angels 26-29th. Not sure what that is about.

My problem is I wanted to stay at SL first night....go to Los Suenos/Jaco to fish for two days, then come back for Fridays party and fly home Saturday. But SL won't allow you to book one night over the weekend, especially that weekend. So I have to figure things out. Really hate that President is not an option. Loved staying there. I dont want to stay at Castillo or Taomarino

Why not? Castillo has cool rooms on the upper floors, for chicken feed you can get their drinking and dining add on, a walk to SL is 5 minutes, a cab or Uber there is one mil crc. I may be wrong but I heard they also have some special on a trip to Jaco.

Taormina has acceptable rooms, nothing special, but clean and air conditioned, and there's always quadruple the girls there than SL and Castillo combined these days, their pizza is pretty good, and a tad longer walk to SL and Uber or cabs no more than 2 mil crc...it's what, two or three or four days? :?: :?: :?:

If you didn't want to hold a room all four days, you could book Taormina for the first night, when you get in, either go to SL or enjoy a plethora of ho choices right there, or Castillo if their Jaco trip still exists and it appeals to you, then have your return night booked at Castillo, so it's close to SL for your partying there.

If you get inebriated the last night, don't walk back, but an Uber or taxi is fast and cheap.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:25 pm 

Castillo still provides discounted round trip transport to Jaco but I believe you have to stay a total of 4 nights though it can be non-consecutive with the Jaco trip in between. I arranged it for my upcoming trip in September and it is now $50 each way. A significant savings over a taxi.

I would call them to verify whether you need four nights for the discount. I know you need it for the free ride back to the airport.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:13 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Ya'll are probably right.....looks like my only options. Not that I love the dated rooms in SL, I have always liked the staff and felt safe there. I have only stayed at Castillo once and it was just kinda dark and dreary......probably 15 years ago

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:37 am 

alexjackson30 wrote:
Ya'll are probably right.....looks like my only options. Not that I love the dated rooms in SL, I have always liked the staff and felt safe there. I have only stayed at Castillo once and it was just kinda dark and dreary......probably 15 years ago

They remodeled it and rooms on the top floor (not cheap) are very nice and many have their own outdoor porches with killer views. The staff and bartenders there are popular and they have a great deal on food and drinks at no charge if you get that add on, plus it's now got a giant lobby with big bar, good seating area, a pool table, a few hoz here and there, but the big draw is their food and drink add on package is excellent and convenient if you're on the run.

The drawback in my opinion, is there's thugs around there at night as it's dark and they keep that front gate locked, safe and no problemo in the daytime, but I always advise people don't walk to and fro there at night, and wait inside the locked gate for Uber, and always take an Uber or taxi back there at night, and ask them to wait for you until they open the gate when you buzz, sometimes the desk clerk is away and it takes a few minutes to open the gate and if you're alone, you're easy prey, a sitting duck... :shock:

I'm retired here now, but if I were visiting, even though Taormina's rooms are boring and bland, like a regular old Howard Johnson's, I would choose them.

The thing about Taormina, is there's more ho action there (mostly in the evenings but active in the afternoons as well) than all the other places put together, so if meeting hoz is one of your priorities, they crush SL and HDR and Castillo and Little Havana all put together... 8)

The front area outside is loaded with thugs, and daytime not a big issue, but at night you could find yourself a fight...but the front driveway and always open doors and bright lights and doormen allow you to come and go at night with taxi or Uber and no worries, still thugs abound so you watch yourself, even when walking in the daytime, but the ho action can't be beat, it's currently the hottest spot now downtown and none of the others are even close...

I go there evenings sometimes with friends to have dinner and ho watch, we all have steady regulars now in these trying times, but evenings they are like a smaller version of HDR from the days of wonderment and enlightenment.

We always talk to hoz to keep our ho scoring skills up and see if there's one worth straying from our "hovias", but so far stay loyal to our true and proven guaranteed no nonsense regulars...there's almost always many hot ones available from 8 pm on, and almost always a small but decent smattering in the afternoons. :)

The drawback is the upstairs bar on ground floor level is small (they now have an amazingly cool big downstairs bar off of it like a basement, but it generally doesn't get hopping until late) and they blast the worst damn dawg sh*t music ever invented non stop so you have to yell at your potential ho date.

It's better to take her out to one of the couches in the lobby to discuss bid-ness, the couches over by the restaurant is a nice private little nook, or take her to the restaurant for a drink if you think you have a good one worth talking to and negotiating with...

Good luck, even if you choose Castillo, it's close by for inspection, don't be tempted to walk it at night, though, and the restaurant is good but can be a bit pricy for the dinners, they do have pretty good pizza for Costa Rica, and that choice won't devastate your wallet, and breakfasts and lunch menu no worse than any of the others. So if ho encounters are your main focus, they're the best choice. :wink: