www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 2:08 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Boynton wrote:
In your first post, you identify yourself as a newbie. Stay in the p4p bars and hotels in the gulch or Jaco and stay away from "Bitterness Street" at night. The locals will eat you alive (and not in the good way).

okay cool no worries

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 8:43 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Boynton wrote:
Cisdude wrote:
Miamiheller wrote:
try hitting one of the clubs where locals hang out

I admit that I cannot imagine how to phrase the proposition in way that they don't take offense (and of course not pay too much). any suggestions? I have been there before and exchanged smiles with attractive young ladies. but like I said, couldn't think of how to say it.

In your first post, you identify yourself as a newbie. Stay in the p4p bars and hotels in the gulch or Jaco and stay away from "Bitterness Street" at night. The locals will eat you alive (and not in the good way).

I’ve been coming down there for a while now and have not heard of “Bitterness Street”.

Now I’m curious and would appreciate an explanation if someone gets the time.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:14 am 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Fieldtech wrote:
I’ve been coming down there for a while now and have not heard of “Bitterness Street”.

Now I’m curious and would appreciate an explanation if someone gets the time.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calle_de_la_Amargura

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:12 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

I am still weeks out from my trip and I have about 10 WhatsApp numbers with about 70 matches on Tinder. Im sure some could be gone by the time I get there and I'm sure there will be new ones in the mix. In my head, I have my Top 5 and then a back up 2-3.......at least 4 local non pros in their 40's. Granted, after a while, a lot of the pros seem to look alike. But I have had a great conversation with a 28 year old from Panama. I have seen her Insta.....I'm sure she is a Pro, but she might be a perfect 10. She doesn't look like most of them. I like this route way better than Wilas or Skokka. I do feel a bit like I am already there, even though Im not. You do have to pay for the Platinum to get the Global Pass and can only send a message if they match with you.

Most of the Pros seem to have that obligatory selfie in front of a bathroom mirror with greenery around the mirrors. Kinda like the ivy wall at Wrigley Field. That bathroom has to be at Cocal or DR.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:23 pm 

alexjackson30 wrote:
You do have to pay for the Platinum to get the Global Pass and can only send a message if they match with you.

You are wrong. You only need Tinder Plus to change your location. You need at least Tinder Gold to see who likes you. Tinder Platinum lets you message before match when you send a Super Like, but you only get 5 of these a week unless you buy more. The link below provides a good summary.
https://www.vidaselect.com/tinder-platinum/

One strategy is to go with Tinder Plus and 'like' everyone. That way anyone who likes you will be a match. You can always un-match the ones you aren't interested in. This will give you the main benefit of the Gold level for $8/month instead of $25/month.

Sending pre-match messages can be problematic because if the object of your attention is offended, they are more likely to report you possibly leading to a Tinder Ban.

Enjoy your trip.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:09 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

My bad.......Yes, I get to WhatsApp pretty quick and haven't discussed anything other than "Are you near San Jose?" and "I would love to see you"....they all come back with "Yes, I can come to where you are".....non pros will require a dinner or two I think.

The 5 messages a week on a super like sucks. I save those for the ones I think are non pros. And those have to be able to speak Ingles.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:37 pm 

An interesting exercise if you have Tinder Gold is to set your location to somewhere and let it just sit for a weekend and then check to see who 'liked' you. You can fine tune your profile and also get a feel for the possibilities in other locations. When I do this my profile description is just the emoticons for 'bag of money' + forward arrow + 'pot of honey', my age is over 60 and a selfie of Netgems. Any 20yr old hottie who 'likes' me knows the score. If I want to practice my negotiations, I use a fake instagram account so I don't have to reveal my WhatsApp.

Try it targeting Medellin, Lima, Buenos Aires, Seville, Barcelona, etc. It is a learning experience.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:07 pm 

Boynton wrote:
An interesting exercise if you have Tinder Gold is to set your location to somewhere and let it just sit for a weekend and then check to see who 'liked' you. You can fine tune your profile and also get a feel for the possibilities in other locations. When I do this my profile description is just the emoticons for 'bag of money' + forward arrow + 'pot of honey', my age is over 60 and a selfie of Netgems. Any 20yr old hottie who 'likes' me knows the score. If I want to practice my negotiations, I use a fake instagram account so I don't have to reveal my WhatsApp.

Try it targeting Medellin, Lima, Buenos Aires, Seville, Barcelona, etc. It is a learning experience.

"my age is over 60 and a selfie of Netgems"....

Now THAT explains why you get loaded up with hundreds of likes...and I get yelled at by strange girls when I go walking downtown... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: