www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:19 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

I havent used Tinder since I was single and havnt been to CR since 2014. Signed up for Tinder Global. I can go straight to San Jose and Jaco. My goal is to land a few non pros ( more work) and a few semi pros. Its pretty easy to tell the difference from Pro to non pro on the app.

I have sent out hundreds of likes and get responses from about 20%. Some will engage in a conversation and some will just send a red heart emoji....I assume that is the Ho Code. One way I can tell is that I tell them I am considering two hotels. Presedente and Sportsmans. If they suggest Sportsmans, I know. Because they know they can't get into the Presedente. They dont know that I know that.

The only bad thing is that you can only send a message with a SUPER LIKE. And you only get 5 of those a week. So I save those for the hot 40 yr old non pros. I am not sure how to get the pros to connect. I am a fit decent looking dude (I know they dont care), but if they dont swipe right on me, I cant connect. I really dont want to have to go to Jaco since I will only be there for 4 days for dental work.

Last edited by alexjackson30 on Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:39 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

alexjackson30 wrote:
I havent used Tinder since I was single and havnt been to CR since 2014. Signed up for Tinder Global. I can go straight to San Jose and Jaco. My goal is to land a few non pros ( more work) and a few semi pros. Its pretty easy to tell the difference from Pro to non pro on the app.

I have sent out hundreds of likes and get responses from about 20%. Some will engage in a conversation and some will just send a red heart emoji....I assume that is the Ho Code. One way I can tell is that I tell them I am considering two hotels. Presedente and Sportsmans. If they suggest Sportsmans, I know. Because they know they can get into the Presedente. They dont know that I know that.

The only bad thing is that you can only send a message with a SUPER LIKE. And you only get 5 of those a week. So I save those for the hot 40 yr old non pros. I am not sure how to get the pros to connect. I am a fit decent looking dude (I know they dont care), but if they dont swipe right on me, I cant connect. I really dont want to have to go to Jaco since I will only be there for 4 days for dental work.

Many of the pros and non-pros alike know they can't get into the presidente with a guest. And likewise they know what the Sportsmens is. Your "information" may help you, but don't discount how much of the same information is floating around. I wouldn't read a whole lot into their responses on this.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:48 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

I used Tinder on my last trip. Opened the app and updated my profile to say I was on vacation in CR with a U.S. flag emoji and let the app do the rest. I didn’t bother checking it until the next afternoon and I had over 20 swipes on me. Granted only a few were what I was looking for. You probably get a lot less responses if you have your profile set up to display “distance away” is my guess. I didn’t have global Tinder but the app automatically updated my location.

Is this your first trip? Staying in the Gulch at one of popular hotels (SL, Castillo…)? If you’re getting your dental work done in San Jose, I would skip Jaco for such a short visit and your teeth appointment. If you’re staying in Gulch and have read up on posts here, you’ll know where to go and don’t need Tinder for that. If you’re looking for a real date with non-pros, use tinder then.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 5:40 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

No, I have been about 4-5 times, but it has been awhile. I loved the President when you could have visitors. Yes, I do have distance off, but when talking to the Tinder girls, I do have to say "next month".....most have been very cordial. I don't waste time chatting, but they do respond and say they look forward to my visit......the hardcore ones, I just pass on by.

I have stayed at Sportsman's many times while passing thru even if I didn't chase any chicas. I always felt safe there. Have also stayed once at La Amistad and once at Castillo. I just think with the Tinder game, I don't need to go to Jaco for the 9s and 10s.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:57 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

alexjackson30 wrote:
No, I have been about 4-5 times, but it has been awhile. I loved the President when you could have visitors. Yes, I do have distance off, but when talking to the Tinder girls, I do have to say "next month".....most have been very cordial. I don't waste time chatting, but they do respond and say they look forward to my visit......the hardcore ones, I just pass on by.

I have stayed at Sportsman's many times while passing thru even if I didn't chase any chicas. I always felt safe there. Have also stayed once at La Amistad and once at Castillo. I just think with the Tinder game, I don't need to go to Jaco for the 9s and 10s.

To be honest, I never ended meeting anyone off Tinder when I stayed at the SL. No sense in bringing sand to the beach as they say when I could something right there without the hassle.

I’d be careful trying to score 9s and 10s off Tinder…old pics, filters. Maybe you’ll get lucky and find a superstar but seems like wading through the profiles and meeting in real life to she if she’s what she says she is is a time suck for the short time you’re there. I’d keep the app on the back burner while you search for what you want at the local places so you don’t miss out. Just my two cents.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 11:40 am 

I find the dating Apps useful if you are going to be in a place e for a longer period of time but wading through the scammers, having to deal with women with old pics and filters and having backups for no shows is a lot of hassle for a short trip. You can end up wasting a lot of time and end up alone for the evening. There is usually someone to suit most people's tastes at one of the regular San Jose venues. It may cost you a little more but she is there and you can see what you are getting.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 12:25 pm 

Harddrive43228 wrote:
I find the dating Apps useful if you are going to be in a place e for a longer period of time but wading through the scammers, having to deal with women with old pics and filters and having backups for no shows is a lot of hassle for a short trip. You can end up wasting a lot of time and end up alone for the evening. There is usually someone to suit most people's tastes at one of the regular San Jose venues. It may cost you a little more but she is there and you can see what you are getting.

100% agree with this. I live in SJ and pull exclusively from apps (Badoo, Tinder, Seeking). I am on the apps daily and each have their niche. When I see the same chica across all three, it is a clear sign they are a FT-pro just blanket advertising. Meeting them in person is the best way to see what you are getting.

There are plenty of others that post in only one app. Those on Tinder are the chicas looking for regular relationships but might be open to discreet p4p. You won't see these in the gringo bars and they are often unwilling to do hotel visits. But a 22 year old med student matching a 65 year old gringo resident is my prime recruiting pool. My experience is that it usually takes a week 'match to snatch'.

Chicas who list only on Seeking are looking for higher paydays. They post better looking pics but you still don't know if they are snapper or catfish. Seeking is too expensive for me to subscribe, but I maintain a free account to cross reference adds with other apps. Some chicas will list their instagram accounts, so I can message them without having to have a paid subscription.

I am on all three of these apps daily. When I compare my results with other residents who infrequently use them, I seem to have a better match rate. This might be because the app's algorithm favors frequent use or because some of the chicas see my profile over the weeks and months. YMMV.

Last edited by Boynton on Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 1:32 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Boynton wrote:

But a 22 year old med student matching a 65 year old gringo resident is my prime recruiting pool. My experience is that it usually takes a week 'match to snatch'.

so it takes too much time online to locate the swimmers, so to speak. but are there any such prospects walking around gulch?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:09 pm 

Cisdude wrote:
Boynton wrote:

But a 22 year old med student matching a 65 year old gringo resident is my prime recruiting pool. My experience is that it usually takes a week 'match to snatch'.

so it takes too much time online to locate the swimmers, so to speak. but are there any such prospects walking around gulch?

Almost anything in the gulch bars / hotels is a prospect. They all know the situation and are looking to make money. This is just fine for the first time visitor or short time tourist. Don't pretend to be anything you are not, you won't be able to pull it off and you will just be wasting precious time before your return flight.

Expect to pay tourist rates ($100+). Insist on good service. There will be hundreds of chicas you have never phucked before. Enjoy your newbie status. Book your return trip before you leave (it helps reduce the pussy-withdrawl).

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:23 pm 
Just Learning The Gulch!

Good info. I am shopping now because I am still a month out, so I will report on my Tinder experience. Kinda feels like shopping on Amazon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 1:06 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Boynton wrote:
Cisdude wrote:
Boynton wrote:

Almost anything in the gulch bars / hotels is a prospect.

I interpret that to mean: no, it's not likely that you'll find any med student caliber prospects in the gulch.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 3:29 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

In my opinion that's the beauty of CR. I have a type like most, but I like the surprise of it all. Or I guess I should say the hunt. I love the variety in CR. I get guys complaining about not having certain type girls that suits them but I find that as part of the charm of CR. I usually go for the ones with curves with nice thighs and ass but if I didn't have have one of my best nights when I picked up this slim chica out of Taormina. One of the best feeling snatches I've had in a long time, although that was likely due to the coke she used before I connected with her but that's neither her nor there. I had a great time with her and she felt amazing. Unfortunately, I missed a digit when I put her number in my phone and couldn't contact her again. I've been to CR several times afterwards and have never run across her again. Damn I miss Jaz!!!

Anyway, If I walked into a place and it was filled with the type of women I like most, I probably would have a hard time picking. I have a hard time when given too many choices when they all are good. Also, I like variety so I don't have to worry about a line of guys trying to pick up the same chica. So the guys who go for the big tits, spinners, tall chicas, slim chicas etc. You guys are OK with me. Leave the ones with curves and nice ass to me.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2023 5:45 pm 

Cisdude wrote:
I interpret that to mean: no, it's not likely that you'll find any med student caliber prospects in the gulch.

That is correct. You'll find pros and semipros, but med student caliber prospects? Or putimodelos? Majority wouldn't be caught dead lounging around in a Gulch hotel/bar. You MIGHT get lucky if you venture out to the Hiltons/Intercontinentals/Barcelos/Sheratons etc. Or if your Spanish is good enough, try hitting one of the clubs where locals hang out, or go to the source - la Calle de la Amargura next to UCR (be careful).

Now Jaco is another story altogether. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:56 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Miamiheller wrote:
try hitting one of the clubs where locals hang out

I admit that I cannot imagine how to phrase the proposition in way that they don't take offense (and of course not pay too much). any suggestions? I have been there before and exchanged smiles with attractive young ladies. but like I said, couldn't think of how to say it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:52 am 

Cisdude wrote:
Miamiheller wrote:
try hitting one of the clubs where locals hang out

I admit that I cannot imagine how to phrase the proposition in way that they don't take offense (and of course not pay too much). any suggestions? I have been there before and exchanged smiles with attractive young ladies. but like I said, couldn't think of how to say it.

In your first post, you identify yourself as a newbie. Stay in the p4p bars and hotels in the gulch or Jaco and stay away from "Bitterness Street" at night. The locals will eat you alive (and not in the good way).