www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 2:08 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Does anyone have a good tour guide that can show me the downtown area, preferably a female? Or is it best to travel downtown San Jose early in the day by myself? It’s my first time in CR and even though I love the ladies, I don’t want it to be the focus of my entire trip.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 2:19 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

NJMET wrote:
Does anyone have a good tour guide that can show me the downtown area, preferably a female? Or is it best to travel downtown San Jose early in the day by myself? It’s my first time in CR and even though I love the ladies, I don’t want it to be the focus of my entire trip.

You prefer a female, but you don't want to focus on them? Have you thought about hiring a tranny? Just look for a muscular 'lady' in a dress standing on @ street corner after dark.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 3:11 pm 

Boynton wrote:
NJMET wrote:

You prefer a female, but you don't want to focus on them? Have you thought about hiring a tranny? Just look for a muscular 'lady' in a dress standing on @ street corner after dark.

You won't find a lot of females that would do that, first if they are seen wandering around with a gringo everyone will assume she is a puta. And even if they are they don't want friends and family seeing them in operation. And if perchance she was a legitimate tour guide, see number one.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 5:19 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

NJMET wrote:

If you google Costa Rica tours.. many sites will pop up. There was a downtown group tour, seen it many times. Morning would be best..

On the google app store
Vayable app

Vietor app

will set you up with a local tour guide.............Female...... tour guide IDK ???
are they still valid apps.... IDK ???

I'm sure one of the Abuelas working the Sportsman or Tarom would show you the various landmarks and items of interest downtown. For probably 50bucks and lunch.

I did have one of these apps when I was planning a trip to Havana. Female tour guides did show up and were bi-lingual.

Flaco in Ft Lauderdale

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 6:55 pm 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Thanks Flacoduro1 for the actual answer to my question. I will try the app and pick out a tour guide or use a suggestion from the hotel.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2022 9:31 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Google free city tours. They have been doing it for years, are popular with tourists and the guides do a good job with the history, entertaining and answering questions. Single lady tourists are usually in the groups. They're working for tip at end of tour rather than paying tour company whose guide will also want a tip at end.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 6:52 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Your post title also mentioned day trips, a good option for this is Vanessa https://shuttle506.com/ WhatsApp +506 8518 5725 In addition to airport transfers and rides to the beach I have used her many times for day trips from San Jose. Coffee plantation, Irazu volcano, Cartago, sometimes just a scenic lunch trip to a restaurant up in the mountains.

The get out of the gulch for a day plan, back for happy hour.

Pleasant to spent time with, perfect English. Probably willing to also do a downtown tour. Contact her and I’m sure she would be happy to discuss destinations and costs.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2022 8:20 pm 

bulldog10 wrote:
Your post title also mentioned day trips, a good option for this is Vanessa https://shuttle506.com/ WhatsApp +506 8518 5725 In addition to airport transfers and rides to the beach I have used her many times for day trips from San Jose. Coffee plantation, Irazu volcano, Cartago, sometimes just a scenic lunch trip to a restaurant up in the mountains.

The get out of the gulch for a day plan, back for happy hour.

Pleasant to spent time with, perfect English. Probably willing to also do a downtown tour. Contact her and I’m sure she would be happy to discuss destinations and costs.

This! Vanessa is great.

Sorry about the shitty comment or two--CRT used to be a much friendly place.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 5:20 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Thanks Bulldog and Hank,

I appreciate the info, if you are ever in CR and I’m around first round on me.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 6:39 am 

NJMET wrote:
Thanks Bulldog and Hank,

I appreciate the info, if you are ever in CR and I’m around first round on me.

Not angling for a beer, but my comment way back when was under the assumption that you were looking for a one person female tour guide for downtown area.

The reason for my comment was this. I have walked downtown with a working girl, she kept ducking away behind me, and when we talked about it the reason was she really didn't want family and friends to see her walking with a gringo downtown, as they would know that she was working as a prostitute with gringos. It is not like a big city that way, they will see someone they know. Even I almost always see someone I know when I walk downtown.

So my point was...don't put a gal in that position. If they offer, fine. But be aware.

With a walking group or anything like that...for sure. Great ideas guys gave you here. Enjoy your time.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2022 6:48 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

NJMET I have had several Puta's take me on tours around downtown and other areas of course they wanted an extra $20 or so for their time. Not saying it will be easy to find but it can be done.