www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:36 am 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Given the new Omicron virus strain, potential changes are coming for re-entry to the USA.

A negative test one day prior as opposed to three.

A follow up negative test 3 to 5 days from return.

A 7 day quarantine reguardles of testing negative.

Here is a link to the article:

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://th ... wf0c_w8RlY

Just something to watch develop as we plan our trips.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:18 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

My advice if the rule is implemented is don’t schedule your flight back to the US on a Monday. Most testing facilities are much more likely to be open Monday-Saturday. Sunday tests can be found, but much easier other days.

SL and Castillo both have someone come in Monday-Saturday for testing. Both have very capable front desks and could find a way to get it done on Sunday. But it will probably involve paying a driver or taxi to take you some place, taking an hour of your time instead of 5 minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:34 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

The implementation of the 1 day testing requirement is under Federal control and could happen.

The others will be CDC “recommendations”. Once you leave the airport the Federal Government is not in control. Each State could implement enforceable requirements for testing or quarantine but not the Feds.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:34 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Location: Sex Felony State (most other places p4p is just another day!)
I saw this on the news last night. With 3 day advance testing requirement for those already vaccinated I was just beginning to think about booking a long weekend to SJO where I get tested the next day after my arrival then not have to worry about a positive result assuming I wasn't positive before coming down. It is so contagious and now some are saying even with vaccines can get it albeit with much minor symptoms.

Oh well as I sit here in San Diego working from hotel room virtually I still have TJ and possibly MTY via bus from TX.

Other option say if I want to go to CDMX is to fly into SAN walk across and fly from TJ airport and back same way.

This is really good post thank you for starting and letting us know!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:24 pm 

bulldog10 wrote:
My advice if the rule is implemented is don’t schedule your flight back to the US on a Monday. Most testing facilities are much more likely to be open Monday-Saturday. Sunday tests can be found, but much easier other days.

SL and Castillo both have someone come in Monday-Saturday for testing. Both have very capable front desks and could find a way to get it done on Sunday. But it will probably involve paying a driver or taxi to take you some place, taking an hour of your time instead of 5 minutes.

Clinica Biblica.
c2000 Uber from the new gulch ($3). (its a hospital with the lab on site. it never closes)
Open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
English speaking staff.
Book appointments on line or just walk in.
Results in 2 hours by email or hang out at the Cafe Britt inside and have coffee, snack, meal then get printed copy. (Monicas is also just a short walk away)
Cost c19,000 ($30)
c2000 back to the new gulch ($3)
Cost all in, 2 Ubers, test, door to door in 2 hours or less = c34,000 ($54). add $4 if you order a Cappuccino Grande.
no worries, competitive pricing.
https://www.clinicabiblica.com/en/

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:49 pm 

Boynton wrote:
bulldog10 wrote:

Clinica Biblica.
c2000 Uber from the new gulch ($3). (its a hospital with the lab on site. it never closes)
English speaking staff.
Results in 2 hours by email or hang out at the Cafe Britt inside and have coffee, snack, meal then get printed copy. (Monicas is also just a short walk away)
Cost c19,000 ($30)
Cost all in, 2 Ubers, test, door to door in 2 hours or less = c34,000 ($54). add $4 if you order a Cappuccino Grande.

Great valuable info as always.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:57 pm 

Puro Party wrote:
I saw this on the news last night. With 3 day advance testing requirement for those already vaccinated I was just beginning to think about booking a long weekend to SJO where I get tested the next day after my arrival then not have to worry about a positive result assuming I wasn't positive before coming down. It is so contagious and now some are saying even with vaccines can get it albeit with much minor symptoms.

Oh well as I sit here in San Diego working from hotel room virtually I still have TJ and possibly MTY via bus from TX.

Other option say if I want to go to CDMX is to fly into SAN walk across and fly from TJ airport and back same way.

This is really good post thank you for starting and letting us know!

CDMX to TJ, walk across the boarder and fly home from SAN is my back up plan for several potential scenarios upon returning from my month in Colombia (starting soon!)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:25 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Requirements, Dept of State

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel ... he-us.html

FAQ

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel ... ation.html

CDC

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... d-vaccines

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:40 pm 

Rolleratnight wrote:

These are the November 8 restrictions. I would expect to see these links updated within 24 hours detailing the new restrictions that Biden just outlined.

Also, I didn't hear when this is supposed to go into effect.

One thing that is confusing is that some of the news outlets (CNN, Fox were checked) are talking about having to test within 24 hours of your departing flight as opposed to the current verbiage that specified within one day. If you have a late return flight that can make a huge difference as it is not that easy to get a late night Covid test. Hopefully one day is the correct wording in the new regs and not 24 hours but I guess we'll have to wait until the government updates the web site.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:08 pm 

Harddrive43228 wrote:
Rolleratnight wrote:

These are the November 8 restrictions. I would expect to see these links updated within 24 hours detailing the new restrictions that Biden just outlined.

Also, I didn't hear when this is supposed to go into effect.

One thing that is confusing is that some of the news outlets (CNN, Fox were checked) are talking about having to test within 24 hours of your departing flight as opposed to the current verbiage that specified within one day. If you have a late return flight that can make a huge difference as it is not that easy to get a late night Covid test. Hopefully one day is the correct wording in the new regs and not 24 hours but I guess we'll have to wait until the government updates the web site.

Biblica (24 ours a day, 365 days a year) - Have a flight at 6am Monday? No problem, taxi there as late as 2am that morning and you will have your results by 4am. How is that "not easy to get a late night test"?

Nothing in these restrictions should impose an issue in visiting CR.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:38 pm 

Unfortunately for my December trip I am returning from the Dominican Republic.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:05 pm 

Harddrive43228 wrote:

So a more accurate statement might be "If you have a late return flight, from someplace OTHER than Costa Rica, that can make a huge difference as it is not that easy to get a late night Covid test." :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:08 pm 

I, too, was curious why those sites weren’t updated, but I posted them anyway in hopes that when anybody looks, they will be updated. I think it’s best to get the government’s requirements from the government than a lousy news service. They don’t research anything. They rush to put out anything to scare everybody into overreacting, which in turn creates another news event to report.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:14 pm 

Location: Sex Felony State (most other places p4p is just another day!)
Harddrive43228 wrote:

Can you take a speed boat hehehehe? Or hitch a ride on a raft lol.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2021 6:16 pm 

Boynton wrote:
Clinica Biblica.
English speaking staff.
Cost c19,000 ($30)

“New Gulch”? What is the “new gulch” and what was the “old gulch”?