www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: DJ at Sportsmen’s
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:00 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

RockinRob1 wrote:
I m retiring in a couple of years and would like to consider a move to CR. And I want to live the Pura Vida like you K*ds.

We are not K*ds. We are mostly old timers (some may say old farts) but the joy of Costa Rica is when we settle down with 1 (or more) Ticas m, well, then we become K*ds once again. It is Fabulous!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:14 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

So it is like the Twilight Zone's Kick the Can episode. All the old farts went out side and kicked the can moved to CR) and became K*ds again. The old farts in the US are the guy that thought it was silly and did not and stayed old. Fortunately, unlike the old guy in the episode, the can is still available to kick and become K*ds again. As Chevy Chase would say...."I like it!'.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:18 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

[quote="RockinRob1"]I m retiring in a couple of years and would like to consider a move to CR. And I want to live the Pura Vida like you K*ds.[/q :D :D quote]

Think it was Netgems in another thread coined the phrase......It's to live the "Puta Vida"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:42 am 

If you do, start your homework now. Possible to time your residency acceptance with your move. If you are going to be a 180 day monger, disregard that statement.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:18 pm 

Trimologist wrote:
RockinRob1 wrote:
I m retiring in a couple of years and would like to consider a move to CR. And I want to live the Pura Vida like you K*ds.[/q :D :D quote]

Think it was Netgems in another thread coined the phrase......It's to live the "Puta Vida"

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

That would be me.

Before anybody makes the move, I would recommend getting an airbnb or something like that for 3 months if possible, your 90 day allowance, not a hotel room. See what it's like to live here, there's numerous annoyances and inconveniences living here, you're doing without a massive amount of things you can get, do, eat, etc. in the USA. :?

I know many people who came here on a whim and soon afterwards high tailed it home, tail between their legs, blaming Costa Rica. :oops:

In my case, I was visiting here since 2003, and got a job at an international company running a call center here 2007-2009, earning per month less than what I was earning in a week in my glory years in the USA, yet loved it.

If you don't have lots of money, lots of pu*sy is the next best thing and the older you get, the lots of pu*sy takes top position, lol... :mrgreen:

I lived out of town as I do now in Escazu, away from the madness, but an easy cheap quick ride in, and learned what life would be like if I chose to retire here. I discovered in my case, I could endure the headaches, of which there are many, but they're mostly small, petty and annoying issues, to get the cheap pu*sy, cheap rent, beautiful weather, more relaxed less hurried lifestyle. 8)

Also, in my case, family and friends are all in South Florida so a jaunt home is quick and cheap. For me it was a no brainer, remain in super expensive hot sweltering hurricane prone S Florida and rare to none hot puss, needing like 6k a month to live like I do now on less than 3k, and puss falling off the roof on rainy days, step over 'em, walking out your front door, they're everywhere... :D

It was a no brainer... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:54 pm 

Good post Net, you are living the dream.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 6:14 am 

It’s a good life if single. I have been coming for 20 years and have lived here 5. One of my friends moved here with a container of belongings. He lasted 18 months, so choose carefully. Do more than a couple of 5 day visits before you make a decision.What I miss most is the food. Cannot get some dishes like a corned beef sandwich. Biggest advice is learn the language.

Bottom line is that I am in my 70’s, and still banging girls in their teens. Yesterday I banged a beautiful 22 yo for 20k. Just got to keep her away from the cien boys.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:55 pm 

Whitecat wrote:
It’s a good life if single. I have been coming for 20 years and have lived here 5. One of my friends moved here with a container of belongings. He lasted 18 months, so choose carefully. Do more than a couple of 5 day visits before you make a decision.What I miss most is the food. Cannot get some dishes like a corned beef sandwich. Biggest advice is learn the language.

Bottom line is that I am in my 70’s, and still banging girls in their teens. Yesterday I banged a beautiful 22 yo for 20k. Just got to keep her away from the cien boys.

I sent you a pm where to get great corn beef and pastrami in Rohrmoser, I lived in S Florida for decades and I know good cuts, and I'm impressed, it's not cheap, but not expensive, reasonable in my book, three good size filling sandwiches can be made from one shrink wrapped sanitary packet, about 5 mil. :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:56 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Netgems wrote:
Paco wrote:
Key largo would have survived if gringos wanted the disco atmosphere. I personally love to get out and dance, but I’ll take my date to a dance club…. Not real interested in the SL atmosphere. Just want to chill, look, drink, bs, select… repeat.

Actually many of us old geezers loved it, if we would go to a normal dance club, everyone would immediately see us making fools of ourselves. :oops:

We would be publicly making embarrassing pathetic attempts to dance, but there, we could bring our fave or new found ho, stagger and stumble around the dance floor and twirl and spin our patient tolerant hoz, and surprisingly, many of them were having a good time as well... :shock:

Women just love to dance even if their male dance partner keeps bumping into people or knocking over chairs by the dance floor, and imagining themselves John Travolta... 8)

Nobody seemed to care, and we didn't care, the only ones watching were mostly old drunk mongers and hoz cashing in, dancing now, but getting pounded and paid later...everyone having a great time... :mrgreen:

Well, I agree, would be nice to have some dancing at Sportsmans, but they need to americanize the music and turn down the lights. I was there one night when the music was loud/booming , the lights were up, and I just went and hid in the back bar. Seemed like no one was into it, just the wrong groove. Maybe it was me. Just my 2 cents.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:47 am 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Any conjecture on when KL might open up? That place was fun.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:32 am 

Dragon wrote:

Only way for that to happen is to figure out a way to turn back the clock. About 10 years back at that.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:45 pm 

Location: Sex Felony State (most other places p4p is just another day!)
I like the techno I like it very much (boom boom boom boom).

https://www.google.com/search?client=sa ... 8&oe=UTF-8

When I fist met Luna in 2008 she liked this song also.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:18 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Dragon wrote:

https://qcostarica.com/key-largo-from-b ... al-center/

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:50 pm 

bulldog10 wrote:
Dragon wrote:

https://qcostarica.com/key-largo-from-b ... al-center/

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Well, I least I can say I enjoyed many fabulous times there during its Heyday.

As George Harrison wrote: "All Things Must Pass"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:31 am 

Dragon wrote:

The renovation will take a while I would guess. I'm wondering if there will be a section for the sex culture of the site and area. I can see a small gallery of pictures from the past...from meetings of the contras, of Ollie North, heydays of the KL and HDR, perhaps some recordings from the music groups that played there. I think at one time there was a web cam broadcasting from the HDR...a 24 hour looping sample from the day would also be an interesting glimpse into the culture of the past.