www.CostaRicaTicas.com

Welcome to the #1 Source for Information on Costa Rica
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 11:49 am 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Below I have combined some helpful info previously shared from other members on this board to help any new members new thru this process of entering Costa Rica. The info and quotes may differ from person to person so do the research and decide what is best for and your budget.

I Just finished my 3rd Health pass form and got my QR Code Immediately, I honestly was hoping this process would be gone but none the less I’m blessed and happy to be visiting again CR during Covid, I bought my Health Ins thru visitors coverage a few weeks ago and posted a direct link below and also the link for the mandatory CR health pass below as well.

Now the health pass questionnaire can be sort of tricky to me with regards to the Surname and Given name as this is not custom for us Gringos in the USA to be asked also as well as the date format on the questionnaire more on this later. I am sure the expats living there have gotten the hang of this Surname but for me still little unsure and find myself looking at my passport book to refer the names to double check every time, the last thing I want to do is fill something out wrong.

Now the dates are also tricky remember it’s the day/month/year when filling in this info.

Costa Rica health Pass Link - remember this must be filled out only within 48 hours of flight.

Ministerio de Salud de Costa Rica.

https://salud.go.cr/

Costa Rica pre-approved insurance guaranteed :

https://www.sagicor.cr/seguro_para_turistas/
https://www.grupoins.com/
https://www.bcbscostarica.com/

International Policies accepted mentioned on this board :

https://www.visitorscoverage.com/destin ... osta-rica/
https://www.insubuy.com/travel-health-insurance/
https://www.trawickinternational.com/pr ... ls-voyager

FYI - The Trawick Policy seems to be sold with all 3 international Policies links above as previously mentioned by Boynton and Myself

The Trawick site directly the 3rd option as mentioned in posts the prices have increased for most quotes.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 1:13 pm 
PHD From Del Rey University!

Good and concise info. The Admin should consider making it a sticky. It combines the info on the tourism website with the resl world experience of other travelers. I would also recommend members refer newbies questions to this post as long as TF74 keeps it relatively current. This will help keep it from being diffused and spread out across multiple posts and threads.

In that spirit, I will add one obssrvation. I know of three members who tried to both purchase insurance and get their health pass at the same time. If everything goes without a hitch, no problem. However, if you have any problems purchasing the insurance, you might get spotty customer service assistance over the weekend and on holidays. While you ARE restricted to applying for Health Pass no earlier than 48 hours before entry, you CAN buy the insurance at any time before entry. Given this, I recommend getting quotes and buying the insurance a week prior to your flight. There is no good reason to leave it to the last minute.

I share TF's hope that the insurance requirement would be gone by now. It makes little sense and only adds to the cost of the trip. I don't anticipate this government removing it anytime soon.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 4:55 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Yes I actually was searching this site for health pass link info and then when entering in duck duck go well everything found to no surprise came back in Spanish :D

yeah good info lock the insurance in well before your trip as prices seem to vary and in some cases increase

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 5:33 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Just completed my Health Pass and got my QR Code yesterday for a flight tomorrow. I got a little nervous thinking I may have completed it an hour or two too soon after reading what was stated above when I thought the time limit was 72, not 48 hours, so I looked it up to make sure. As a result of checking, (according to visitcostarica.com) the Health Pass "can only be completed within 72 hours of departure".

I then further researched to find at costa-rica-guide.com a note called "What is 48 hours?" It explains that the logic used in the health pass site uses flight date, not time, for the time boundary, so effectively can allow the health pass to be applied for up to 71 hours 59 minutes of the scheduled flight time, depending on the flight time and its relation to day boundary. Bottom line is that the site will let you know if you are outside its allowed time window.

It's probably best to stay within 48 hours of departure just in case, so you don't get tangled in a technicality. Fortunately for me, in retrospect after checking, I was within 48 hours of departure.

Last edited by RicoGuapo on Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:21 pm 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

Good info, will be doing my health pass tomorrow

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 6:28 pm 

TF74 wrote:
Yes I actually was searching this site for health pass link info and then when entering in duck duck go well everything found to no surprise came back in Spanish :D

yeah good info lock the insurance in well before your trip as prices seem to vary and in some cases increase

You should have entered "pato pato va" and it would have returned results in English. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:27 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

Rico good solid info I had not dug that deep into it and just been using 48 hours prior to flight.

thanks for sharing 8)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:08 am 
Masters Degree in Mongering!

the information posted above will get you into the country, but at some point you will have to get out and as of now you need a negative test.
the attached link is a list of testing sites

https://www.ict.go.cr/es/documentos-ins ... /file.html

they are also doing tests at the airport plus many hotels can make arrangements for the test
https://ticotimes.net/2021/05/13/sjo-ai ... id-testing

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2021 3:52 am 
CR Virgin - Newbie!

Good post! Thanks for the info

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 5:26 pm 

No more insurance requirement for the fully vaccinated. (starting August 1)
https://ticotimes.net/2021/07/09/costa- ... -travelers

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 6:31 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

That's great news. Looks like the Government realized that tourism muy importante. Be there in September :P :D :D 8) 8)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:11 am 

Boynton wrote:

The announcement states that the traveller will have to furnish proof of vaccination. It will be interesting to see the mechanics of how this will be implemented to get the Health Pass QR Code. It is not like the CDC Vaccination Record Card is passport quality identification. :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:21 pm 
Ticas ask me for advice!

kwadd wrote:
That's great news. Looks like the Government realized that tourism muy importante. Be there in September :P :D :D 8) 8)

First week of September for me and my Homie as well. I hope they will have changed the curfew to at least 10 or 11 by then. I'm okay with that, as I tend to peter out around that time these days anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:07 pm 
Not a Newbie I just don't post much!

Heading down first week of September as well. I'll miss the late nights at the Del Rey, really hoping the curfew is extended before I get there 9 is a bit early to be in for the night..

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:20 pm 
I can do CR without a wingman!

Boynton wrote:
Boynton wrote:

The announcement states that the traveller will have to furnish proof of vaccination. It will be interesting to see the mechanics of how this will be implemented to get the Health Pass QR Code. It is not like the CDC Vaccination Record Card is passport quality identification. :wink:

I'll find out tomorrow. The website for the health pass has not been updated as of yesterday to allow for us fully jabbed to complete the form. I just posted a photo of my vaccinated card in the proof of insurance section and selected international insurance. Hopefully the amount of BS that I will receive for doing that will be little or it could be my shortest trip to CR in 30 trips and I'll be home tomorrow in time for happy hour. :shock:

I should add that for seat assignment I typed in the word unknown since I'm flying southwest. The form gave me a green check mark and I received the QR code.

I checked in at SW this morning, and they asked for my health pass and insurance or jab card which I had with me and my boarding pass says DOCS OK in big red letters, on to CR ......

I made it !
All immigration said was whats the purpose of your trip. No problem at all.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next